Following the deaths of a number of soldiers, a group of families started legal action, judges have heard.
- Corporal Stephen Allbutt, 35, of Sneyd Green, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- Trooper David Clarke, 19, of Littleworth, Staffordshire
- Soldiers Dan Twiddy, of Stamford, Lincolnshire
- Andy Julien, of Bolton, Greater Manchester
Soldiers Corporal Stephen Allbutt and Trooper David Clarke died after a Challenger 2 Tank was hit by another Challenger 2 Tank.
Soldiers Dan Twiddy and Andy Julien were injured in the same incident.
- Private Phillip Hewett, 21, of Tamworth
Private Hewitt died in July 2005 after a Snatch Land Rover was blown up.
Lawyers said similar explosions claimed the lives of:
- Private Lee Ellis, 23, of Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester, in February 2006, and Lance Corporal Kirk Redpath, 22, of Romford, Essex, in August 2007
More top news
Sadiq Khan has said that his prospects of being elected London mayor could be damaged by the party's poor handling of racism accusations.
US President talks about meeting Royal toddler in his last address at the annual White House correspondents' dinner.
Clocks will go forward 30 minutes so there is half an hour more daylight in the evening when energy consumption peaks.