Following the deaths of a number of soldiers, a group of families started legal action, judges have heard.
- Corporal Stephen Allbutt, 35, of Sneyd Green, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- Trooper David Clarke, 19, of Littleworth, Staffordshire
- Soldiers Dan Twiddy, of Stamford, Lincolnshire
- Andy Julien, of Bolton, Greater Manchester
Soldiers Corporal Stephen Allbutt and Trooper David Clarke died after a Challenger 2 Tank was hit by another Challenger 2 Tank.
Soldiers Dan Twiddy and Andy Julien were injured in the same incident.
- Private Phillip Hewett, 21, of Tamworth
Private Hewitt died in July 2005 after a Snatch Land Rover was blown up.
Lawyers said similar explosions claimed the lives of:
- Private Lee Ellis, 23, of Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester, in February 2006, and Lance Corporal Kirk Redpath, 22, of Romford, Essex, in August 2007
More top news
A young mum wants to find a stranger who left her a handwritten note, describing her as a "credit to her generation" and a five pound note
Conspiracy theorists claim this picture shows a "human-like being" fixing Nasa's Curiosity Rover on the surface of Mars.
The Brit actor has already won a Golden Globe and now a Screen Actor Guilds Award - which is widely known for predicting Oscar success.