New figures reveal the extent to which British children are living in poverty. The Campaign to End Child Poverty says 20.2% of British children are classified as below the poverty line, before housing costs. The top 20 parliamentary constituencies for child poverty in the UK are:
- Manchester Central, 47%
- Belfast West, 43%
- Glasgow North East, 43%
- Birmingham, Ladywood, 42%
- Bethnal Green and Bow, 42%
- Liverpool, Riverside, 42%
- Poplar and Limehouse, 41%
- Middlesbrough, 40%
- Blackley and Broughton, 38%
- Newcastle upon Tyne Central, 38%
More top news
Government ministers from the UK, France and China attended the event.
Tonight investigates the increasingly sophisticated methods criminals are using to target the elderly and defraud them of their savings.
If you've been anywhere near Trafalgar Square today you'll notice something different.