New figures reveal the extent to which British children are living in poverty. The Campaign to End Child Poverty says 20.2% of British children are classified as below the poverty line, before housing costs. The top 20 parliamentary constituencies for child poverty in the UK are:
- Manchester Central, 47%
- Belfast West, 43%
- Glasgow North East, 43%
- Birmingham, Ladywood, 42%
- Bethnal Green and Bow, 42%
- Liverpool, Riverside, 42%
- Poplar and Limehouse, 41%
- Middlesbrough, 40%
- Blackley and Broughton, 38%
- Newcastle upon Tyne Central, 38%
More top news
The youngest member of the Cambridge family was born on April 23.
Seven men and two women were held in Co Longford.
Showbiz stars mingled with fashion icons and royalty at the glitzy London bash.