- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
Seasonal rains have battered the country since late June with more than 150,000 people affected by floods and landslides.
The bus reportedly hit a tree near Russell Square.
Low pressure will throw cloud and few showers across the UK today, but it will also draw in very warm air from Europe again.