- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
More cloud than sunshine into the start of the new week.
Valtteri Bottas will replace Nico Rosberg at Mercedes, becoming Lewis Hamilton's team-mate in the process.
A picture of a dozen lemons is helping fight breast cancer by providing a visual reference of the symptoms women should be looking for.