- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
The foreign secretary's suggestion last week's bombing of an aid convoy might constitute a war crime prompted an angry response from Moscow.
Goals from Charlie Austin, Dusan Tadic and James Ward-Prowse consigned Slaven Bilic's men to their fourth straight Premier League loss.
Showers will continue in the north and west, heavy in places.