- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
An independent investigation has begun into finances at taxpayer-funded Broadmoor Hospital.
While the economy has shown signs of improving, the number of UK companies issuing profit warnings has hit a six-year high, research shows.
The Child Support Agency has collected £1.2 billion in maintenance over the past year, with £330 million coming direct from pay packets.