- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
The singer had been tweeting in support of migrants when she was bombarded with abusive messages.
Ministers are reportedly considering plans in a bid to lower inward migration.
In a tweet on Saturday, the US president didn't give a reason for his absence but said he wished"everyone well and have a great evening".