- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
A video shows firefighters hosing off four bulls while they rescued a cow that had become trapped between two trees.
Bookies have slashed odds on this year's Wimbledon being the hottest on record with some betting matches will be called off due to the heat.
BBC Trust greenlights plan to move its youth channel online - saving £30m a year.