- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
The world's biggest ritual animal slaughter has begun in Nepal, amid protests. Readers may find images in this article distressing.
Mild temperatures for this time of year will keep the frost at bay and it's a weekend of cloud and sunny spells.
Tony Poole spent 13 years in jail for a murder he did not commit. Now he faces going back after being found guilty of killing his best pal.