- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
Conditions will remain cloudy, with some showers in the south and sunny spells likely, especially in the east.
Here are Ian Payne's British medal prospects for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
The Democratic presidential nominee pledged to foster an inclusive society, create jobs and make college tuition debt free for all.