- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
Britain's youngest MP in 350 years said that the Commons still has a 'boys club atmosphere' which is 'alive and well'.
The National Lottery is upping the number of balls from 49 to 59, a move statisticians point out will make hitting the jackpot harder.
The Tory peer and former Marks & Spencer chief has been named as chairman of the 'In Campaign'.