- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
A beautiful and historic Oxfordshire manor house with “the finest view in England” is being offered for free – but there is a catch.
Make-A-Wish Foundation helped one young boy with an incurable heart condition star as 'Fast Heat' in his very own movie.
Planets outside our solar system could have earth-like oceans, evidence suggests. Could it mean a higher chance of extra-terrestrial life?