- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
Apple has released a new security update after an activist's iPhone's was targeted by spyware in the United Arab Emirates.
The disgraced former boss of BHS has told ITV News he has no plans to give back the £1 million he took out of the collapsed firm.
Tomorrow will start off dry with bright spells