- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
The Westminster terror attack dominates the front pages of Thursday's newspapers.
A timeline of exactly what happened.
Tobias Ellwood, MP for Bournemouth East and Foreign Office Minister, attempted to save the life of the stabbed officer in Westminster.