- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
A leather jacket worn by Patrick Swayze in the film has fetched £48,260 at auction despite calls from his niece for the sale to be stopped.
The Labour leader will say figures show that 2.4 million young people are missing from the electoral register.
ITV News took to a gun range in Maryland to find out if those that voted to “Make America Great Again” still think they voted correctly.