- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
UK banks are in 'advanced talks' over moving to France when Britain leaves the EU, the head of the French financial regulator has said
Rescue workers resume the search for survivors after a 6.5 quake struck the north-east of Sumatra killing more than 100.
Rain will clear in the north later today as temperatures in the south look set to hit up to 14 or 15 Celsius (57 or 59 F).