- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
Weather throws a wobbly as it's seriously disappointing for summer.
The Bank of England governor has suggested there may soon be a cut in interest rates.
The motorist at the wheel of a self-driving car has died after it crashed with a trailer, the first Autopilot death reported in the US.