- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
There will be sunny spells for many but heavy showers will spread across the UK in the afternoon.
Children's Commissioner review found 28% of children in need of support were sent away because their illness was not deemed serious enough.
The former prime minister suggested a Jeremy Corbyn government would be a 'very dangerous experiment'.