- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
The true number of those believed to be dead or missing and presumed dead following the fire won't be known until the end of the year.
Low pressure will keep much of the British Isles under cloud with many seeing periods of steady rain throughout the rest of today.
Michael Bond, the creator of Paddington Bear has died at the age of 91.