- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
Mild in the south but colder in the north tonight and turning frosty and icy - before rain moves in.
ITV News' Tom Brady speaks to billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates about clean energy sources and a new $7bn green tech research fund.
A man accused of killing three people and wounding nine others in a shooting at an abortion clinic in Colorado has appeared in court.