- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
The Government is to choose which scheme to back after a review of the UK's airport capacity. Here are the three shortlisted options.
The government's long-awaited decision on which scheme - Heathrow or Gatwick - should get the go-ahead will finally be announced later.
Up to six militants attacked the centre in the Baluchistan province opening fire and detonating explosive vests.