- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
The Foreign Secretary said "good connections" were important, and suggested the Channel Tunnel might simply be "a first step."
When Arunachalam Muruganatham discovered his wife collecting filthy rags and newspapers to use during her period he felt compelled to act.
A plane which skidded off a runway and down a steep embankment in Turkey has been recovered as investigations get underway.