- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
As the silence came to an end the crowd began to applaud and people shouted "I am not afraid!" in defiance of the attacks.
The father of two young children is the first person to be confirmed dead after a terrorist mowed through crowds in Barcelona.
Stoke to hand Jese his debut with Sanchez missing for the Gunners.