- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
China's President is the country's most powerful ruler in decades, but who is Xi Jingping and how did he become so powerful?
David Clarke has been charged with false imprisonment and possession of a sawn-off shotgun and a samurai sword, along with other charges.
It remains in Britain's hands whether it ends up with a good deal, no deal or no Brexit at all, according to the European Council president.