- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
Up to 10cm of snow could hit parts of Britain today as forecasters predict a cold snap in the lead-up to the New Year.
Hacking group Lizard Squad claimed responsibility for the attack which left thousands struggling to access their accounts for hours.
Three men broke into a house on Christmas morning but when the owner said he had no money they took his pets instead.