- Lord McAlpine was wrongly implicated by Newsnight on November 2, 2012, as being part of a paedophile ring which targeted children at a care home in Wrexham.
- His name was then widely mentioned on the internet, particularly Twitter.
- The former Tory politician reached a £185,000 settlement with the BBC for its botched investigation.
- He also received £125,000 from ITV and Phillip Schofield relating to a This Morning programme broadcast on November 8.
- Lord McAlpine is pursuing Sally Bercow, wife of Commons speaker John, over comments she made on the social networking site.
More top news
Everton footballer Darron Gibson has pleaded guilty to crashing his sports car into a cyclist while drink-driving.
Natalie Aymot claims she got pregnant after a holiday romance with an Australian man but has no way to contact him after losing her phone.
The National Crime Agency website was down this morning following a DDoS attack by hackers claiming revenge for the arrest of six people.