- July 2011 - 26 killed by three bombs in Mumbai
- February 2010 - 16 killed in Pune when a package explodes at a German Bakery popular with tourists
- November 2008 - 166 killed in Mumbai when gunmen open fire at sites across the city
- September 2008 - Five bombs in busy shopping areas of Delhi kill 25 people
- August 2007 - At least 38 killed in three blasts at a street-side food stall and amusement park in Hyderabad. Police defused 19 more bombs.
- July 2006 - 186 killed when seven bombs explode on Mumbai’s trains
- October 2005 - Three bombs explode in three Delhi markets killing 62 people
More top news
Incursions by Russian jets into Turkish airspace have prompted a stern response from Nato's most powerful ally.
Councils have welcomed the prospect of greater autonomy on business rates, but this is not as generous an act as it first appears.
Tonight it'll stay wet across northern areas of Britain, with further showers pushing into the South West.