- July 2011 - 26 killed by three bombs in Mumbai
- February 2010 - 16 killed in Pune when a package explodes at a German Bakery popular with tourists
- November 2008 - 166 killed in Mumbai when gunmen open fire at sites across the city
- September 2008 - Five bombs in busy shopping areas of Delhi kill 25 people
- August 2007 - At least 38 killed in three blasts at a street-side food stall and amusement park in Hyderabad. Police defused 19 more bombs.
- July 2006 - 186 killed when seven bombs explode on Mumbai’s trains
- October 2005 - Three bombs explode in three Delhi markets killing 62 people
More top news
Speaking at a campaign event in Hartlepool, the UKIP leader denied once again that his party was racist
Nick Clegg has insisted on more education spending in any coalition deal. But has he learned his lesson since the tuition fees fiasco?
Burnley have banned 21 people for life following violent scenes after a Championship match last season.