- July 2011 - 26 killed by three bombs in Mumbai
- February 2010 - 16 killed in Pune when a package explodes at a German Bakery popular with tourists
- November 2008 - 166 killed in Mumbai when gunmen open fire at sites across the city
- September 2008 - Five bombs in busy shopping areas of Delhi kill 25 people
- August 2007 - At least 38 killed in three blasts at a street-side food stall and amusement park in Hyderabad. Police defused 19 more bombs.
- July 2006 - 186 killed when seven bombs explode on Mumbai’s trains
- October 2005 - Three bombs explode in three Delhi markets killing 62 people
More top news
The traffic on British roads hit its highest ever level last year, with congestion continuing to rise, official figures show.
A number of flood alerts are in place for the tidal stretch of the River Thames after it burst its banks yesterday.
The NHS could save over £8 million a year on dental treatment if all 12-year-olds chewed sugar free gum after meals, a study claims.