- July 2011 - 26 killed by three bombs in Mumbai
- February 2010 - 16 killed in Pune when a package explodes at a German Bakery popular with tourists
- November 2008 - 166 killed in Mumbai when gunmen open fire at sites across the city
- September 2008 - Five bombs in busy shopping areas of Delhi kill 25 people
- August 2007 - At least 38 killed in three blasts at a street-side food stall and amusement park in Hyderabad. Police defused 19 more bombs.
- July 2006 - 186 killed when seven bombs explode on Mumbai’s trains
- October 2005 - Three bombs explode in three Delhi markets killing 62 people
More top news
Theresa May will make her pitch to lead the Conservative party today, 90 minutes before long-time favourite Boris Johnson.
Cool temperatures and breezy conditions with a top temperature of 20 Celsius (68 F).
Suicide bombers targetting Istanbul's airport incited panic to take lethal advantage in an attack that echoed the Brussels airport atrocity.