- July 2011 - 26 killed by three bombs in Mumbai
- February 2010 - 16 killed in Pune when a package explodes at a German Bakery popular with tourists
- November 2008 - 166 killed in Mumbai when gunmen open fire at sites across the city
- September 2008 - Five bombs in busy shopping areas of Delhi kill 25 people
- August 2007 - At least 38 killed in three blasts at a street-side food stall and amusement park in Hyderabad. Police defused 19 more bombs.
- July 2006 - 186 killed when seven bombs explode on Mumbai’s trains
- October 2005 - Three bombs explode in three Delhi markets killing 62 people
More top news
Tony Blair has said Leave campaigners are focusing on immigration "because they've lost comprehensively the debate on the economy".
NBA player Bryce Dejean-Jones has been shot dead after breaking into an apartment he believed to be his girlfriend's, according to police.
Nineteen people have been rescued from the English Channel after the inflatable boat they were in started taking on water.