- July 2011 - 26 killed by three bombs in Mumbai
- February 2010 - 16 killed in Pune when a package explodes at a German Bakery popular with tourists
- November 2008 - 166 killed in Mumbai when gunmen open fire at sites across the city
- September 2008 - Five bombs in busy shopping areas of Delhi kill 25 people
- August 2007 - At least 38 killed in three blasts at a street-side food stall and amusement park in Hyderabad. Police defused 19 more bombs.
- July 2006 - 186 killed when seven bombs explode on Mumbai’s trains
- October 2005 - Three bombs explode in three Delhi markets killing 62 people
More top news
Minister will fail to eliminate the gender pay gap in a generation if it continues to "ignore" evidence to help achieve its goal, MPs warn.
Report criticises ministers for lack of long term plan to recruit and retain teachers in important subjects such as physics and maths.
Emergency services rushed to the scene to douse the flames, but there were no immediate reports of casualties.