2,000 youngsters aged 14 to 18 have been polled about the issue of internet trolling, as part of a new campaign to combat the form of internet bullying.
- More than two thirds said they received abusive messages from someone they know
- Almost half of youngsters keep the attack secret
- One in five think sending a message in cyberspace is less damaging than face to face insults
- Half the teenagers polled believe it is ok to say things online that you would not in person
- A third of youths say they troll because theirs friends do it too
More top news
Rain across central Britain with longer, intense downpours with thunder in places this evening. A lucky few will stay sunny and dry.
Planning on going to the London Marathon tomorrow? Read our handy guide first!
Labour plans to cap above-inflation rent rises over a three-year period, if they win the General Election.