Of the 18 million overseas visitors shopping across the UK:
- French visitors made 2 million trips
- Germans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Americans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Irish visitors made 1.3 million trips
- Spanish visitors made 1 million trips
VisitBritain found that Britain was rated above France and the same as Italy in terms of value for its shopping.
Nearly 70 per cent of female visitors visited the shops during their stay, with male figures also high at 70 per cent.
More top news
Sergei and Yulia Skripal remain unconscious and in critical conditions following the March 4 attack in Salisbury.
Sir Vince Cable said it was clear that Britain's EU partners would welcome a change of heart on Brexit 'with open arms'.
Visitors to Salisbury city centre are down 90% in the wake of the nerve agent attack on former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter.