Of the 18 million overseas visitors shopping across the UK:
- French visitors made 2 million trips
- Germans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Americans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Irish visitors made 1.3 million trips
- Spanish visitors made 1 million trips
VisitBritain found that Britain was rated above France and the same as Italy in terms of value for its shopping.
Nearly 70 per cent of female visitors visited the shops during their stay, with male figures also high at 70 per cent.
More top news
Rio Ferdinand has hit back at Kick It Out's criticism of him by labelling the anti-racism organisation as 'pointless'
When Alison Powell's four-year-old Labrador Missy would not stop sniffing and pawing her, she knew it was more than simple canine affection.
Police have confirmed that six arrests were made as part of their operation for the Arsenal v Galatasaray Champions League match