Of the 18 million overseas visitors shopping across the UK:
- French visitors made 2 million trips
- Germans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Americans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Irish visitors made 1.3 million trips
- Spanish visitors made 1 million trips
VisitBritain found that Britain was rated above France and the same as Italy in terms of value for its shopping.
Nearly 70 per cent of female visitors visited the shops during their stay, with male figures also high at 70 per cent.
More top news
Emotional scenes outside Kings Cross as woman who lost her legs in the 7/7 attacks had an unexpected visit from the man who saved her life.
England's Lionesses have landed back in the UK with their heads held high
The Greeks have voted to reject the austerity terms demanded by eurozone creditors - so, what happens next?