Of the 18 million overseas visitors shopping across the UK:
- French visitors made 2 million trips
- Germans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Americans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Irish visitors made 1.3 million trips
- Spanish visitors made 1 million trips
VisitBritain found that Britain was rated above France and the same as Italy in terms of value for its shopping.
Nearly 70 per cent of female visitors visited the shops during their stay, with male figures also high at 70 per cent.
More top news
A Grenfell Tower resident fears he will have to challenge others who lost their flats in the fire for new homes.
Warm and humid over the next few days with rain at times in the north.
Warm temperatures will return to parts of the UK this week, hitting highs not seen since mid-July.