Of the 18 million overseas visitors shopping across the UK:
- French visitors made 2 million trips
- Germans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Americans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Irish visitors made 1.3 million trips
- Spanish visitors made 1 million trips
VisitBritain found that Britain was rated above France and the same as Italy in terms of value for its shopping.
Nearly 70 per cent of female visitors visited the shops during their stay, with male figures also high at 70 per cent.
More top news
Youngsters are still consuming too much unnecessary sugar and caffeine, according to the study.
Home Office data offers an incomplete picture of the perpetrators and victims, the National Audit Office (NAO) have said.
The report concludes that nine million adults suffer from constant loneliness, which is as harmful to health as obesity or smoking.