Of the 18 million overseas visitors shopping across the UK:
- French visitors made 2 million trips
- Germans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Americans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Irish visitors made 1.3 million trips
- Spanish visitors made 1 million trips
VisitBritain found that Britain was rated above France and the same as Italy in terms of value for its shopping.
Nearly 70 per cent of female visitors visited the shops during their stay, with male figures also high at 70 per cent.
More top news
Nearly 70,000 packets of garlic bread slices worth £93,000 have been pulled from Tesco shelves after a probe found some were underweight.
A married police officer and father of two young girls has died after being mown down by a stolen pick-up truck in a hit and run.
As the Church launches an independent inquiry into claims a bishop's abuse was covered-up, one victim claims he was "aggressively silenced".