Of the 18 million overseas visitors shopping across the UK:
- French visitors made 2 million trips
- Germans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Americans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Irish visitors made 1.3 million trips
- Spanish visitors made 1 million trips
VisitBritain found that Britain was rated above France and the same as Italy in terms of value for its shopping.
Nearly 70 per cent of female visitors visited the shops during their stay, with male figures also high at 70 per cent.
More top news
Nick Clegg has vowed to avoid appearances on reality shows like I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! when he stands down as an MP.
Immortalised in the film Zulu, the Battle of Rorke's Drift is an iconic episode of British military history.
Fans and friends of Joe Cocker paid tribute to the Sheffield-born star's long career and his passionate, distinctive voice.