Of the 18 million overseas visitors shopping across the UK:
- French visitors made 2 million trips
- Germans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Americans visitors made 1.63 million trips
- Irish visitors made 1.3 million trips
- Spanish visitors made 1 million trips
VisitBritain found that Britain was rated above France and the same as Italy in terms of value for its shopping.
Nearly 70 per cent of female visitors visited the shops during their stay, with male figures also high at 70 per cent.
More top news
British troops are finally coming home from Helmand within the next few days after 13 years in Afghanistan.
Former Oasis star Liam Gallagher has announced that his latest band 'Beady Eye' has split up but did not say why they are calling it a day.
Mike Tindall has agreed a settlement with Express Newspapers over a story about his marriage to Zara Phillips.