As Pope Benedict XVI enters his final hours as pontiff, Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson of Ghana remains the bookie's favourite to succeed him.
However, the cardinal's odds have been edged out slightly by Cardinal Angelo Scola of Milan after he received "a flood of bets", Ladbrokes said.
The odds for the front runners are as follows:
- Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson - 11/4
- Cardinal Angelo Scola - 3/1
- Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone - 4/1
- Cardinal Marc Ouellet - 7/1
- Cardinal Angelo Bagnasco - 10/1
- Archbishop Gianfranco Ravasi 10/1
- Cardinal Peter Erdo - 12/1
More top news
Plan would leave steelworkers worse off in retirement - but not as worse off as those in other pension schemes.
Donald Trump has labelled Hillary Clinton "crooked" and says he cannot wait to face her in November's US presidential election.
Thursday brings better temperatures