As Pope Benedict XVI enters his final hours as pontiff, Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson of Ghana remains the bookie's favourite to succeed him.
However, the cardinal's odds have been edged out slightly by Cardinal Angelo Scola of Milan after he received "a flood of bets", Ladbrokes said.
The odds for the front runners are as follows:
- Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson - 11/4
- Cardinal Angelo Scola - 3/1
- Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone - 4/1
- Cardinal Marc Ouellet - 7/1
- Cardinal Angelo Bagnasco - 10/1
- Archbishop Gianfranco Ravasi 10/1
- Cardinal Peter Erdo - 12/1
More top news
A team at Maastricht University, led by Prof Mark Post, want nothing less than to revolutionise our food industry with lab-grown meat.
Santa Montefiore said she hoped her "beloved sister" was being looked after in Heaven during a private funeral.
A tribunal decided that people with certain mental health conditions should be able to claim Personal Independence Payments.