The 'bedroom tax' will affect around 660,000 social housing tenants across the country:
- Separated parents who share the care of their children and may have been allocated an extra bedroom to reflect this. Benefit rules mean that there must be a designated ‘main carer’ for children (who receives the extra benefit)
- Foster carers as foster children are not counted as part of the household for benefit purposes
- Couples who use their spare bedroom when recovering from an illness or operation
- Parents whose children visit but are not part of the household
- Families with disabled children
Source: The National Housing Federation
More top news
The legendary actor said he helped a woman who was giving birth under a tree in London's Richmond Park.
Jordan Burndred's devastated mum Nicola confirmed the news on Facebook saying the 17-year-old 'didn't make it through the night.'
At least four plots attempts to smuggle highly-radioactive materials to Islamic State militants were stopped in the last five years.