According to inquiry secretary Cecilia French, hundreds will give evidence, in person, over video link or by witness statement, at the al-Sweady public inquiry.
- Fifteen Iraqis will travel to the UK to give evidence at the al-Sweady public inquiry
- A further 45 Iraqis, including relatives, medical staff, and others who had contact with those who died, will give evidence via videolink
- Statements were taken from nearly 90 Iraqi witnesses, all in either Beirut or Istanbul
- Evidence from military witnesses will start in September, through to February next year, it could be more than 200 people going evidence
- Statements from around 400 military witnesses have been taken
It is thought the inquiry will have finished its report by the end of 2014.