- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
An Irish man has become an unwitting internet star after his Facebook profile picture was photoshopped dozens of times.
Stranded refugees and migrants clashed with police after young Moroccan man accidentally electrocuted himself
The flame-haired royal is an accomplished polo player but that didn't stop him taking a tumble not once, but twice, during the game.