- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
The Duke of Cambridge became a fearsome samurai warlord - at least temporarily - when he visited the set of a long-running Japanese drama.
A grandmother says she was outraged after her grandson was segregated from his classmates by a cardboard screen - for being one minute late.
Leaked documents have revealed the first known picture of Mohammed Emwazi - named as IS militant Jihadi John - as a student in London.