- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
A leading biologist has said he believes aliens which look and sound like humans must have evolved on other planets
Britain's top tennis star Andy Murray will continue his bid to reclaim the Wimbledon crown today.
After a sweltering day, where temperatures reached a record high for July, the weather turned.