- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
The bank has brought in IT experts from IBM to try and fix the issues with its online platform.
An inspection by the borders and immigration watchdog said targets were split between 19 areas across the UK.
The attacker dubbed the ‘East Area Rapist’ is accused of at least 12 murders and 45 rapes across California.