- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
More than a million adults in the UK may have been wrongly diagnosed with asthma, according to an NHS watchdog.
A whisky advert featuring David Beckham has been cleared by the advertising regulator.
Councils will have to cut money from services such as libraries because of the rising cost of caring for the elderly, a new report warns.