- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
Ryanair are hoping to prevent further flight cancellations by taking back one week of its pilots' holiday.
The unfortunate officer was taken to a central London hospital for treatment and his condition is not life-threatening.
Cleveland Police were called to the A19 near Stockton after reports of a severed body part spotted by a driver.