- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
The former England captain took to Instagram to show off his pancake flipping skills on Shrove Tuesday - and poked fun at his son's efforts.
A drier set up in the next day or so with colder air seeping in and temperatures sliding away.
Dropping 1%, the FTSE 100 index is now at levels not seen since 2012.