- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
Nigel Dodds rejected a suggestion the DUP, which promised to back Theresa May's minority Government was holding the Government to ransom.
North Korea is willing to hold talks with the US, Pyongyang's delegate to the Winter Olympics has said.