- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
A second man has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of a schoolgirl who went missing more than 20 years ago.
Kitty Hawk's Flyer is an impressive attempt at tackling what humans have dreamed of for years - a flying vehicle.
Workers are to vote on industrial action as they fight to save their jobs and the future of the South Wales plant, ITV News has learned.