- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
More powers for Wales, a ban on income tax rises and more free childcare are at the heart of the Conservative's Queen's Speech.
From the Queen leaving Buckingham Palace to the knocking of Black Rod and, most importantly, the Queen's Speech.
The pomp and ceremony of the Queen's Speech is always fun, writes Alastair Stewart - but behind it was a radical agenda for the coming years