- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
This morning the prime minister spelled out her belief that we can thrive outside the single market.
"Important clarity" or the grounds for the "theft of democracy"? The PM's declared aims for negotiations have received a mixed response.
A divided theme across the UK today