- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
Erin Sandilands was told to apply more makeup, wear a skirt or put her hair down because "it's better for the punters".
Theresa May will make her pitch to lead the Conservative party today, 90 minutes before long-time favourite Boris Johnson.
Cool temperatures and breezy conditions with a top temperature of 20 Celsius (68 F).