- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
The cyclist said the victory was as sweet as his first win as he became the first Briton to win the race three times.
Local police confirmed the explosion, which occurred near Nuremberg.
Temperatures slide a couple of degrees