- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
Two people were injured when a gun was fired during the French president's speech.
At least nine members of a school marching band were among the injured, according to local media.
Police investigating the disappearance of a British toddler in Germany more than 35 years ago have released an image of a suspect.