- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
A 13-year-old girl had a lucky escape after she was grabbed by a man as she walked alone
Thousands of elephant tusks and rhino horns has been burned in Kenya, in a warning to poachers and smugglers.
The death toll following the collapse of a six-storey building in Kenya rises to 10 as fears grow for those still trapped in the rubble.