- Around 11,000 British troops based in Germany will return home by 2016
- Nearly £2 billion will be invested in Army housing and bases
- The remaining 4,500 troops will be back in the UK by 2019, a year earlier than planned
- Around £1 billion of the funding being announced today will be go towards 1,900 new houses for service families and accommodation for 7,800 single soldiers
- Another £800 million will be spent on infrastructure and refurbishment of bases
More top news
The young Labour supporter seen celebrating an impromptu photo with Ed Miliband has defended her desire for an early campaign selfie.
An unsettled weekend of weather forecast as conditions turn wet and windy from the west tonight and slowly clear eastwards through tomorrow
An astronaut has set off for NASA's first year-long mission to the International Space Station - leaving his identical twin back on Earth.