Defence Secretary Philip Hammond has confirmed plans to press ahead with the closure of:
- Howe Barracks in Canterbury
- Claro Barracks, in Ripon, North Yorkshire
- Craigiehall Barracks in Edinburgh
- Cawdor Barracks in Brawdy in Pembrokeshire
- Elements of Redford Barracks, Edinburgh; Forthside Barracks, Stirling; and Copthorne Barracks, Shrewsbury
More top news
The family of young singer Lil' Chris have spoken of his battle to come to terms with his fame after an inquest found he hanged himself.
George Osborne's fiscal rules leave him little room for error as he tries to balance the books, the Institute for Fiscal Studies says.
Dillon, a happy, healthy eight-year-old from Coventry, has microcephaly. His mother Sarah writes what it's like to deal with the condition.