Defence Secretary Philip Hammond has confirmed plans to press ahead with the closure of:
- Howe Barracks in Canterbury
- Claro Barracks, in Ripon, North Yorkshire
- Craigiehall Barracks in Edinburgh
- Cawdor Barracks in Brawdy in Pembrokeshire
- Elements of Redford Barracks, Edinburgh; Forthside Barracks, Stirling; and Copthorne Barracks, Shrewsbury
More top news
David Cameron is to put working people "front and centre" of his economic plan our economic plan" if the Conservatives win the election.
Nearly 38,000 runners will hope to complete Sunday's London Marathon making it the biggest event in its 35-year history.
Rain across central Britain with longer, intense downpours with thunder in places this evening. A lucky few will stay sunny and dry.