Defence Secretary Philip Hammond has confirmed plans to press ahead with the closure of:
- Howe Barracks in Canterbury
- Claro Barracks, in Ripon, North Yorkshire
- Craigiehall Barracks in Edinburgh
- Cawdor Barracks in Brawdy in Pembrokeshire
- Elements of Redford Barracks, Edinburgh; Forthside Barracks, Stirling; and Copthorne Barracks, Shrewsbury
More top news
But which member of the royal family spends the most?
The web giant must pay £2.1bn, the European competition watchdog has ruled.
The Bank's alarming warning to lenders could spark trouble too for consumers. So why are the financial experts so worried?