Defence Secretary Philip Hammond has confirmed plans to press ahead with the closure of:
- Howe Barracks in Canterbury
- Claro Barracks, in Ripon, North Yorkshire
- Craigiehall Barracks in Edinburgh
- Cawdor Barracks in Brawdy in Pembrokeshire
- Elements of Redford Barracks, Edinburgh; Forthside Barracks, Stirling; and Copthorne Barracks, Shrewsbury
More top news
The major party leaders' campaigns for the General Election will remain suspended on Wednesday following the Manchester terror attack.
Thousands of people have donated to help the families of the victims - as well as a homeless man who came to their aid.
Some children, particularly those who have been more directly affected, may show symptoms of stress and trauma.