- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
Search teams were again looking for missing airman Corrie McKeague - this time joined by cadaver dogs trained to seek out human remains.
Donald Trump has dismissed pictures showing a smaller turnout to his inauguration compared to Barack Obama's in 2009.
Severe storms have ripped through the southern American state of Georgia leaving at least 11 dead and thousands without power.