- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
Garments belonging to a 'large man' and other personal belongings were found abandoned on Eastney seafront in Hampshire.
The footballer said he was "one of the lucky ones" and was never aware of historical child sex abuse.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel says she supports a nationwide burqa ban in Germany.