- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
The 12 Years A Slave director is filming an artwork as a 'lasting memorial' to the Grenfell Tower fire tragedy.
A frosty start to Sunday for many with slow-clearing mist and fog in the southeast.
Diane Abbott said Labour's position is to have 'less bureaucracy' in order to allow easy movement for EU migrants.