- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
Low pressure brings cooler, showery conditions over the next week
100-year-old tourist mugged by stranger after he fell getting off a bus as he returned to Gloucester where he used to live.
The case of a child killer who was the first person to be convicted under DNA evidence is to be reviewed by the Parole Board.