- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
This evening it'll become largely dry across the UK as the showers in the west gradually die down.
Multiple fatalities have been reported after an attack on a centre for disabled people near Tokyo, Japanese media reports suggest.
In a blog, basketball great Michael Jordan spoke out about the recent killings of both unarmed black men and police in the US.