- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
It is a wet and windy picture for many tonight, with the worst in the northwest.
Singer Jamelia told ITV News Ukip "are knobs" as she arrived at tonight's Mobo Awards, saying they "want me to go home".
Canadian MPs have credited Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers with shooting a suspect during the attack on Ottawa's parliament buildings.