- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
Union members will hold rallies across the UK as part of the strike action over a rejected 1.1% pay offer.
Dramatic footage captures the moment a three-storey building collapses in a matter of seconds having been hit by flood water.
Isaam Abuanza is the first practising NHS doctor known to have joined the so-called Islamic State in Syria.