- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
The number of children dying from cancer in the UK each year is falling, according to new figures from a major charity.
A mother who poked fun at a clothing company's portrayal of a woman getting out Christmas decorations has won thousands of supporters.
David Cameron will try to convince MPs that Britain should be striking so-called Islamic State targets in Syria on Thursday.