- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
In 1974, Muhammad Ali beat the George Foreman against all odds in the heart of Africa. Our Washington Correspondent looks back at the fight.
Exceptionally mild temperatures for the last day of October.
A town in southern France has banned residents from wearing clown costumes in the street after a wave of 'attacks' across the nation.