- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
A mild day for most with plenty of misty low cloud.
Hollywood star Channing Tatum broke the news in a lengthy Facebook post as he paid tribute to Harvey Weinstein's accusers.
Scotland will become the first part of the UK to ban smacking if the bill goes through.