- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
Police chief says the video can now be release without 'adversely impacting' the investigation.
The news was announced on Instagram by director Spike Lee who described him as a "dear friend" and "a great actor".
In a statement the pair said they remained "great friends" and "will continue to support each other".