- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
A possible ninth planet at the edge of the solar system could be the reason behind one of the biggest mysteries in astronomy.
Philip Thomas was a 10-year-old pupil at Pantglas Junior School in Aberfan when a coal tip collapsed and slid downhill.
The chief executive's resignation comes amid controversy about allegations of doping in cycling.