- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
Teams searching for the missing RAF serviceman Corrie McKeague have admitted they're running out of logical places to look for him.
Misty low cloud and some patchy fog again tonight but with mild air, temperatures where you'd expect by day rather than by night
Lincoln City and Millwall have learned their FA Cup quarter-final fate after their giantkilling antics.