- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
Lawyers for Mohammed Emwazi's father have told ITV News there's no evidence his son is IS killer 'Jihadi John' as "his face is covered".
Another cold night on the cards with freezing, frosty and for some of us icy as the temperatures slip away in the next few hours.
A three-time Yarl's Wood detainee tells ITV News about her experience at the detention centre in Bedfordshire.