- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
The work and pensions secretary is said to be thinking of throwing his hat in the ring for leadership of the Tory party.
Prior to the EU referendum Boris Johnson spoke to ITV News National Editor, Allegra Stratton, on what a post-Brexit UK would look like.
The woman, called Karen, was in tears as she spoke about the xenophobic attacks she has suffered since the EU referendum.