- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
F1's governing body was paid $5 million after it signed a contract with the sport which favours the top teams, ITV News has discovered.
When the Queen arrives for the State Opening of Parliament in June she won't be wearing her crown, dress in robes or arrive in a carriage.
A little more sunshine in store