- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
A cloudy and wet start on Saturday across many central and southern areas of the UK.
The White House said troops with a diagnosis of "gender dysphoria presents considerable risk to military effectiveness and lethality".
Tackling the cost of congestion and repair bills "must be a national priority", the Local Government Association (LGA) said.