- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
Tech-giant given access to as many as 1.6 million UK patient files as part of a data-sharing agreement with the NHS, according to claims.
ITV News understands that the prime minister is preparing to make a major climbdown at PMQs on the issue of refugee children.
The parents of missing Madeleine McCann have said "there will always be hope" in the hunt for their daughter.