- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
Pubs and attractions in Cromer shut early last night after police warned of an outbreak of 'low level disorder'
Iraqi forces have begun an operation to banish Islamic State from one of their last remaining strongholds in the country.
Andrew Warren and US professor Wyndham Lathem have been charged with murdering a 26-year-old man in Chicago.