- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
The daughter of Russian spy Sergei Skripal says she was shocked to have been poisoned.
A spokesperson for Super Dickmann said the picture was ‘stupid and embarrassing'.
Scottish Natural Heritage has stepped up its campaign in a bid to reduce the dangers to wildlife.