- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
Kate Middleton attended a special service to celebrate the landmark occasion in her first engagement as Honorary Air Commandant
The ISIS execution gang fronted by 'Jihadi John' had two British extremists who learned radical Islam together in London, ITV News reveals.
Today started quite promising for many, largely dry and sunny.