- Brought an end to three years of hostilities that claimed two million lives
- Intended as a temporary truce, not a peace treaty - the countries are still technically at war
- Agreed a 2.4-mile demilitarised zone between the two Koreas
- Included a mechanism for the transfer of prisoners of war
- Members of the Military Armistice Commission from both sides still meet regularly
More top news
London mayor Boris Johnson is backing Olympics supremo Seb Coe as his replacement.
A top Fifa official who assessed rival bids to stage the 2018 and 2022 World Cups revealed England’s was by far the strongest contender.
A hacker group who claimed to be behind a cyber attack on Sony Pictures have posted a message online apparently mocking the FBI.