The UK's 50 biggest payday lenders have been given 12 weeks to change their ways or risk their licenses after the Office of Fair Trading uncovered evidence of "widespread irresponsible lending".
Particular areas of non-compliance included:
- 30 of the 50 websites looked at emphasised speed and simplicity over cost -in some cases making claims that, it true, would amount to irresponsible lending.
- Lenders failing to conduct adequate assessments of affordability before lending or before rolling over loans.
- Failing to explain adequately how payments will be collected
- Using aggressive debt collection practices
- Not treating borrowers in financial difficulty with forbearance.
More top news
The prince took part in some traditional dancing in Bucharest ahead of talks with Romania's prime minister.
The latest bronze tribute to Cristiano Ronaldo took a hammering on social media after it was unveiled at Madeira Airport on Wednesday.
Festival Organisers released another 88 acts on the line-up set to appear in Somerset this June, including Stormzy, The XX and The National.