The Public and Commercial Services union says a Budget-day strike will be the first event in a three-month long protest against budget cuts, to include:
- An all-day strike on 20 March with rallies and demonstrations in key locations, including Westminster
- Further national and group strikes of varying durations, including half days and short walkouts, timed to have the greatest impact
- Industrial action short of a strike, including a national overtime ban until 20 June
- Disruptive action in groups
- Strike days interspersed with other protests and campaigning activities around specific themes
More top news
Pippa Middleton took civil court action against a "person or persons unknown" after pictures were allegedly taken from her iCloud account.
An 'unarmed' black man, who was reported to be mentally ill, has been shot dead by police in California after his sister called for help.
"Rubble fell in on intensive care patients" in the early hours of Wednesday, medics said.