The Public and Commercial Services union says a Budget-day strike will be the first event in a three-month long protest against budget cuts, to include:
- An all-day strike on 20 March with rallies and demonstrations in key locations, including Westminster
- Further national and group strikes of varying durations, including half days and short walkouts, timed to have the greatest impact
- Industrial action short of a strike, including a national overtime ban until 20 June
- Disruptive action in groups
- Strike days interspersed with other protests and campaigning activities around specific themes
More top news
Two Danish radio hosts killed a rabbit with a bicycle pump live on air in a bid to highlight the "hypocrisy" of animal welfare campaigners.
The BBC has axed Never Mind the Buzzcocks after more than two decades.
Not a bad day at all - just a little patchy rain in the far north of Scotland.