The Public and Commercial Services union says a Budget-day strike will be the first event in a three-month long protest against budget cuts, to include:
- An all-day strike on 20 March with rallies and demonstrations in key locations, including Westminster
- Further national and group strikes of varying durations, including half days and short walkouts, timed to have the greatest impact
- Industrial action short of a strike, including a national overtime ban until 20 June
- Disruptive action in groups
- Strike days interspersed with other protests and campaigning activities around specific themes
More top news
An Atlantic frontal system brings rain across northwest Scotland and Northern Ireland overnight.
A memorial to honour the service of millions of men and women from Africa and the Caribbean during the two world wars has been unveiled.
South Africa's president often seems able to survive anything, writes John Ray - but a vote of no confidence held in secret may change that.