The Public and Commercial Services union says a Budget-day strike will be the first event in a three-month long protest against budget cuts, to include:
- An all-day strike on 20 March with rallies and demonstrations in key locations, including Westminster
- Further national and group strikes of varying durations, including half days and short walkouts, timed to have the greatest impact
- Industrial action short of a strike, including a national overtime ban until 20 June
- Disruptive action in groups
- Strike days interspersed with other protests and campaigning activities around specific themes
More top news
Charities warn that sitting down too long can lead to health risks such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
The Labour leader will use a speech to set out the differences between his party and the Conservatives with particular emphasis on the NHS.
Kate will join Prince William on a tour of the Stephen Lawrence Centre before visiting a charity working with disadvantaged young people.