The Public and Commercial Services union says a Budget-day strike will be the first event in a three-month long protest against budget cuts, to include:
- An all-day strike on 20 March with rallies and demonstrations in key locations, including Westminster
- Further national and group strikes of varying durations, including half days and short walkouts, timed to have the greatest impact
- Industrial action short of a strike, including a national overtime ban until 20 June
- Disruptive action in groups
- Strike days interspersed with other protests and campaigning activities around specific themes
More top news
A toddler was in need of an unusual rescue after she got a kettle stuck on her head while playing at home in Chile.
British Defence Secretary Michael Fallon is in the Middle East to gather support for the international military campaign against IS.
Beware! The super-sized spiders are coming. And they seem to be everywhere! But why? A warning - this story is not for the faint hearted!