The Public and Commercial Services union says a Budget-day strike will be the first event in a three-month long protest against budget cuts, to include:
- An all-day strike on 20 March with rallies and demonstrations in key locations, including Westminster
- Further national and group strikes of varying durations, including half days and short walkouts, timed to have the greatest impact
- Industrial action short of a strike, including a national overtime ban until 20 June
- Disruptive action in groups
- Strike days interspersed with other protests and campaigning activities around specific themes
More top news
May has implicitly admitted that her flagship manifesto pledge was not properly thought through.
American superbike racer Nicky Hayden has died - days after being involved in a serious bicycle collision with a car.
The songs played included The Brady Bunch theme song, followed by The Smiths' Suffer Little Children.