The Public and Commercial Services union says a Budget-day strike will be the first event in a three-month long protest against budget cuts, to include:
- An all-day strike on 20 March with rallies and demonstrations in key locations, including Westminster
- Further national and group strikes of varying durations, including half days and short walkouts, timed to have the greatest impact
- Industrial action short of a strike, including a national overtime ban until 20 June
- Disruptive action in groups
- Strike days interspersed with other protests and campaigning activities around specific themes
More top news
John Glenn, the first US astronaut to successfully orbit the Earth, has died aged 95.
It'll become increasing cloudy tonight, with outbreaks of rain in the northwest
The Prime Minister opts for three colourful designs created by primary-age children in her constituency.