The Public and Commercial Services union says a Budget-day strike will be the first event in a three-month long protest against budget cuts, to include:
- An all-day strike on 20 March with rallies and demonstrations in key locations, including Westminster
- Further national and group strikes of varying durations, including half days and short walkouts, timed to have the greatest impact
- Industrial action short of a strike, including a national overtime ban until 20 June
- Disruptive action in groups
- Strike days interspersed with other protests and campaigning activities around specific themes
More top news
The World Health Organization said postponing the 2016 Games would not 'significantly alter' the spread of the Zika outbreak.
Employment Minister Priti Patel has launched a scathing attack on the government's 'chaotic' immigration controls.
Hanako died peacefully in a Tokyo zoo after living alone for 67 years.