The Public and Commercial Services union says a Budget-day strike will be the first event in a three-month long protest against budget cuts, to include:
- An all-day strike on 20 March with rallies and demonstrations in key locations, including Westminster
- Further national and group strikes of varying durations, including half days and short walkouts, timed to have the greatest impact
- Industrial action short of a strike, including a national overtime ban until 20 June
- Disruptive action in groups
- Strike days interspersed with other protests and campaigning activities around specific themes
More top news
European nations are collectively consuming more fish than its waters can provide, according to a new study.
PM announces funding will be made available for a memorial dedicated to the victims of last week’s terrorist attack in Tunisia
Mother of the gunman in the Tunisia beach terror attack said her son once refused to kill a mouse because he "couldn't kill anything".