The Public and Commercial Services union says a Budget-day strike will be the first event in a three-month long protest against budget cuts, to include:
- An all-day strike on 20 March with rallies and demonstrations in key locations, including Westminster
- Further national and group strikes of varying durations, including half days and short walkouts, timed to have the greatest impact
- Industrial action short of a strike, including a national overtime ban until 20 June
- Disruptive action in groups
- Strike days interspersed with other protests and campaigning activities around specific themes
More top news
Animal rights group PETA seizes 'teachable moment', warning Pokémon Go users the game is akin to animal cruelty.
A Labour MP has accused aides to Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell of a 'violation of privacy, security and confidentiality'.
Hate crime offenders face being slapped with tougher sentences after a surge in reports of abuse and attacks following the EU referendum.