The Public and Commercial Services union says a Budget-day strike will be the first event in a three-month long protest against budget cuts, to include:
- An all-day strike on 20 March with rallies and demonstrations in key locations, including Westminster
- Further national and group strikes of varying durations, including half days and short walkouts, timed to have the greatest impact
- Industrial action short of a strike, including a national overtime ban until 20 June
- Disruptive action in groups
- Strike days interspersed with other protests and campaigning activities around specific themes
More top news
Kim Wall, whose body had been cut apart, is believed to have died while on a privately built submarine belonging to a Danish inventor.
Parts of Scotland and northern England will start the day with outbreaks of thundery rain before it slowly clears through the day.
The NSPCC has revealed that it dealt with nearly 19,500 calls and emails from concerned adults in the last year relating to child neglect.