The Public and Commercial Services union says a Budget-day strike will be the first event in a three-month long protest against budget cuts, to include:
- An all-day strike on 20 March with rallies and demonstrations in key locations, including Westminster
- Further national and group strikes of varying durations, including half days and short walkouts, timed to have the greatest impact
- Industrial action short of a strike, including a national overtime ban until 20 June
- Disruptive action in groups
- Strike days interspersed with other protests and campaigning activities around specific themes
More top news
Former cricketer Andrew Flintoff and Tony Blair's ex-spin doctor Alastair Campbell talk about mental health battles in a series of films.
Row over apparent threat to security co-operation with the EU unless it agrees to a trade deal is a "misunderstanding", a minister has said.
The north and west of the country will see rain, while southern and eastern areas will get warm sunshine.