The Public and Commercial Services union says a Budget-day strike will be the first event in a three-month long protest against budget cuts, to include:
- An all-day strike on 20 March with rallies and demonstrations in key locations, including Westminster
- Further national and group strikes of varying durations, including half days and short walkouts, timed to have the greatest impact
- Industrial action short of a strike, including a national overtime ban until 20 June
- Disruptive action in groups
- Strike days interspersed with other protests and campaigning activities around specific themes
More top news
Former BBC Apprentice contestant Stuart Baggs has died, a spokesman for his firm has said.
Tonight: a woman awaiting a double hand transplant, a dream realised through strangers, and a family who quit their life to travel Britain.
In the three years since Liam Lyburd was expelled from Newcastle College he built up an anger and resentment for the college.