The Public and Commercial Services union says a Budget-day strike will be the first event in a three-month long protest against budget cuts, to include:
- An all-day strike on 20 March with rallies and demonstrations in key locations, including Westminster
- Further national and group strikes of varying durations, including half days and short walkouts, timed to have the greatest impact
- Industrial action short of a strike, including a national overtime ban until 20 June
- Disruptive action in groups
- Strike days interspersed with other protests and campaigning activities around specific themes
More top news
It comes after the government announced international GCSEs, which many private schools use, would be dropped from the league tables.
Rape suspects will need to prove to police that a woman consented to sex under fresh new guidance in sex offence cases.
Dippy the Diplodocus is to forced into retirement and moved out of the Natural History Museum's main hall.