According to Ms Cooper, the number of such visas has gone up by 30,000 a year since the election, and no checks are being made on whether students study or overstay.
- Stronger checks on shorter-term student visitor visas
- "Faster, stronger enforcement" when illegal immigrants are found
- Unannounced border agency inspections, carried out by officers with arrest powers, for employers and colleges and exit checks at borders
- More prosecutions and higher fines for paying less than the minimum wage
- Measures to tackle "gangmasters" employing illegal migrants in the social care, hospitality and construction industries
- A ban on housing workers in over-crowded accommodation
More top news
Ryan Bowen had been planning this baby-piloted battle-mech since before his son was born.
President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama handed out treats at a White House Halloween party.
Hazmat suits are in rapid production as China beefs up its defences amid fears it will pay a big price for £131bn business ties with Africa.