According to Ms Cooper, the number of such visas has gone up by 30,000 a year since the election, and no checks are being made on whether students study or overstay.
- Stronger checks on shorter-term student visitor visas
- "Faster, stronger enforcement" when illegal immigrants are found
- Unannounced border agency inspections, carried out by officers with arrest powers, for employers and colleges and exit checks at borders
- More prosecutions and higher fines for paying less than the minimum wage
- Measures to tackle "gangmasters" employing illegal migrants in the social care, hospitality and construction industries
- A ban on housing workers in over-crowded accommodation
More top news
The US president, who has not visited the UK since being elected, is reported to be planning a summer trip to Britain.
Mack entered her plea in federal court in Brooklyn. The judge refused a request by her lawyers to release her without bail.
Officers investigating a reported break-in on Friday found 22-year-old Roger Alvarado asleep in the pop star's home in Tribeca.