According to Ms Cooper, the number of such visas has gone up by 30,000 a year since the election, and no checks are being made on whether students study or overstay.
- Stronger checks on shorter-term student visitor visas
- "Faster, stronger enforcement" when illegal immigrants are found
- Unannounced border agency inspections, carried out by officers with arrest powers, for employers and colleges and exit checks at borders
- More prosecutions and higher fines for paying less than the minimum wage
- Measures to tackle "gangmasters" employing illegal migrants in the social care, hospitality and construction industries
- A ban on housing workers in over-crowded accommodation
More top news
Here are just some of the faces and stories of Auschwitz survivors 70 years on from the concentration camp's liberation.
Labour is promising to increase nurse training places if they win the General Election, to cut costs and boost supply.
The final of the 'Big 6' energy firms to cut prices - EDF - has announced it is reducing gas tariffs by just 1.3%.