According to Ms Cooper, the number of such visas has gone up by 30,000 a year since the election, and no checks are being made on whether students study or overstay.
- Stronger checks on shorter-term student visitor visas
- "Faster, stronger enforcement" when illegal immigrants are found
- Unannounced border agency inspections, carried out by officers with arrest powers, for employers and colleges and exit checks at borders
- More prosecutions and higher fines for paying less than the minimum wage
- Measures to tackle "gangmasters" employing illegal migrants in the social care, hospitality and construction industries
- A ban on housing workers in over-crowded accommodation
More top news
The five-year-old was bitten on the face and had to undergo surgery to her eyelid after the dog attacked her at an event in West Yorkshire.
People who voted remain in the EU referendum have gathered at a protest in London to ask the government to make a plan.
Istanbul's busiest airport has been targeted in a deadly gun and bomb attack - here's what we know so far.