According to Ms Cooper, the number of such visas has gone up by 30,000 a year since the election, and no checks are being made on whether students study or overstay.
- Stronger checks on shorter-term student visitor visas
- "Faster, stronger enforcement" when illegal immigrants are found
- Unannounced border agency inspections, carried out by officers with arrest powers, for employers and colleges and exit checks at borders
- More prosecutions and higher fines for paying less than the minimum wage
- Measures to tackle "gangmasters" employing illegal migrants in the social care, hospitality and construction industries
- A ban on housing workers in over-crowded accommodation
More top news
The former Manchester City forward has denied the allegation of gang rape and is expected to appeal.
The 14-year-old is one of the country's most talented trampolinists, but her skills extend far beyond just sport.
A man who spent nearly 46 years in prison for a crime he did not commit has told ITV News he is not "bitter" about what happened to him.