Widespread resistance to antibiotics has been described as a "apocalyptic scenario" in a report from the Government's Chief Medical Officer. Dame Sally Davies has called for:
- The development of new drugs
- Better care of the current stock of antibiotics
- Better hygiene measures to prevent infections
- The prescription of fewer antibiotics
- More action to tackle the next generation of healthcare associated infections, including new strains of existing viruses
More top news
The SNP supporters who voted against independence, and nine more interesting snippets from Lord Ashcroft's unofficial "exit poll".
Jimmy Sinclair, who has waited his whole life to vote for independence, told us he was "disappointed" after the 'No' vote.
Photos from an historic day in Scotland's history as voters choose to remain part of the United Kingdom.