Widespread resistance to antibiotics has been described as a "apocalyptic scenario" in a report from the Government's Chief Medical Officer. Dame Sally Davies has called for:
- The development of new drugs
- Better care of the current stock of antibiotics
- Better hygiene measures to prevent infections
- The prescription of fewer antibiotics
- More action to tackle the next generation of healthcare associated infections, including new strains of existing viruses
More top news
Marsie Taylor, 96, helped plan the 1944 D-Day landings for over a year, eventually leading to the liberation of France in World War Two.
Key campaign claims by both sides in the EU referendum have been strongly criticised in a scathing report by a cross-party group of MPs.
The 12 finalists will battle it out on Saturday night - but who is your favourite to win?