Widespread resistance to antibiotics has been described as a "apocalyptic scenario" in a report from the Government's Chief Medical Officer. Dame Sally Davies has called for:
- The development of new drugs
- Better care of the current stock of antibiotics
- Better hygiene measures to prevent infections
- The prescription of fewer antibiotics
- More action to tackle the next generation of healthcare associated infections, including new strains of existing viruses
More top news
One Leicestershire mother managed to get a shop worth £140.27 for just 39p, Jennifer Drew told Good Morning Britain how.
Women's rights campaigners have condemned the sentencing of Purvi Patel, who put her stillborn foetus into a bin after miscarrying at home.
Read the letter carefully, don't worry, it's short. Note that while it praises the Conservative-led government it does not mention Labour.