Princess Lilian’s decades-long love story with the king's uncle was one of Sweden's best-known love stories.
She died yesterday aged 97 after an eventful life:
- Born in Swansea, she moved to London at 16 to embark on a career as a model and an actress
- She showcased hats and gloves in commercials
- She met Prince Bertil in 1943 during WWII – he was stationed at the Swedish Embassy in the London as a naval attaché
- His obligations to the throne and Lilian's status as a divorced commoner prevented them from making their love public
- In 1976, some 33 years after they first met, they were finally given approval to get married
More top news
iPhone users are being targeted by a new scam asking customers for their personal details.
The youngsters were found unharmed in a Toyota after it failed to stop on the M25.
Labour is facing the embarrassing prospect of coming third, behind the Conservatives, in the Scottish parliamentary elections.