Princess Lilian’s decades-long love story with the king's uncle was one of Sweden's best-known love stories.
She died yesterday aged 97 after an eventful life:
- Born in Swansea, she moved to London at 16 to embark on a career as a model and an actress
- She showcased hats and gloves in commercials
- She met Prince Bertil in 1943 during WWII – he was stationed at the Swedish Embassy in the London as a naval attaché
- His obligations to the throne and Lilian's status as a divorced commoner prevented them from making their love public
- In 1976, some 33 years after they first met, they were finally given approval to get married
More top news
Net migration to Britain was down 49,000 in the year to September 2016.
Special forces say they have attacked a sprawling site adjacent to the city's airport in a bid to liberate the area from IS.
Commuters were also warned to expect travel chaos as Doris gathered speeds of nearly 90mph.