Princess Lilian’s decades-long love story with the king's uncle was one of Sweden's best-known love stories.
She died yesterday aged 97 after an eventful life:
- Born in Swansea, she moved to London at 16 to embark on a career as a model and an actress
- She showcased hats and gloves in commercials
- She met Prince Bertil in 1943 during WWII – he was stationed at the Swedish Embassy in the London as a naval attaché
- His obligations to the throne and Lilian's status as a divorced commoner prevented them from making their love public
- In 1976, some 33 years after they first met, they were finally given approval to get married
More top news
Iconic red box used by the former Prime Minister to carry documents during his days as Secretary of State sold for £158,500.
Temperatures will remain higher than what is usually expected in the day for December ahead of rain moving in from the west tonight.
Senior NHS emergency medical consultant admits there is "absolutely a winter crisis."