- 'Bedroom tax' is a housing benefit reform, an 'under-occupation charge'
- It will be introduced on 1st April everywhere except Northern Ireland
- There are two rates: If you have one extra room the charge is 14 per cent of your eligible rent, if you have two or more extra rooms it is 25 per cent of your eligible rent
What does this mean?
- The effect will be that 40,000 lose all their housing benefit and 620,000 lose an average of £15 a week
- Almost two thirds of those affected will be disabled or have a disabled partner