Since the beginning of the year, petrol has risen around 8p a litre and diesel has gone up 6.5p.
- The cheapest petrol can be found in northern England and in Yorkshire and Humberside, averaging around 139.3p a litre
- The most expensive area for petrol is Northern Ireland at 141.1p a litre
- Northern Ireland is substantially more expensive than the next dearest at 140.5p a litre in south-east England
- The South East is also the most expensive for diesel, at 147.1p a litre
- Yorkshire and Humberside is the cheapest for diesel at 145.7p
More top news
The family of a World War One hero whose bravery won him a Military Cross have condemned thieves who stole the medal from a cathedral.
Scottish leader Johann Lamont's resignation highlights the post-referendum divisions.
The remaining X Factor contestants face the judges tonight - with an exit predicted for at least one member of boy band Stereo Kicks.