The Swiss Foreign Ministry has said today that the gang-rape of a Swiss woman in central India is "deeply disturbing", NBC News is reporting.
Swiss Foreign Ministry spokesman Tilman Renz said that Swiss diplomats were assisting the couple.
The diplomats called on Indian authorities "to do everything to quickly find the perpetrators so that they can be held accountable", Renz said in a statement.
Last month, the Swiss government issued a travel notice for India that included a warning about "increasing number of rapes and other sexual offences" in the South Asian nation.
More top news
Resham Khan and Jameel Muhktar received horrific injuries to their faces and bodies in the attack on Ms Khan’s 21st birthday.
The 53-member body agreed that Prince Charles should succeed the Queen as the next commonwealth head.
Mary Ragoobeer and her sons, Shane and Sean, were killed in the blast in Leicester on February 25.