The amendment to the Crime and Courts Bill enabling the courts to impose exemplary damages was passed in the Commons tonight by 530 votes to 13.
The Tory MPs who opposed the exemplary damages measure were:
- Richard Bacon (S Norfolk)
- Christopher Chope (Christchurch)
- Tracey Crouch (Chatham and Aylesford)
- Philip Davies (Shipley)
- Nick de Bois (Enfield N)
- Andrew Percy (Brigg and Goole)
- Mark Reckless (Rochester and Strood)
- John Redwood (Wokingham)
- Andrew Turner (Isle of Wight)
- Martin Vickers (Cleethorpes)
- Charles Walker (Broxbourne)
- Sarah Wollaston (Totnes)
Nigel Mills (Amber Valley) voted both ways, the traditional way of registering an abstention.