Mairead Philpott is continuing to give evidence in the Derby house fire trial. Yesterday she told the court:
- She had no part in lighting the fire and would never harm her children
- She started having extra-marital sex before Christmas; her husband Mick encouraged this
- She felt suicidal when her husband's girlfriend, Lisa Willis, left the family home
- She woke up to find the house engulfed in flames
- Hearing the news that five of her children perished in the fire felt "like my insides had been ripped out," she said
More top news
A possible ninth planet at the edge of the solar system could be the reason behind one of the biggest mysteries in astronomy.
Philip Thomas was a 10-year-old pupil at Pantglas Junior School in Aberfan when a coal tip collapsed and slid downhill.
The chief executive's resignation comes amid controversy about allegations of doping in cycling.