Mairead Philpott is continuing to give evidence in the Derby house fire trial. Yesterday she told the court:
- She had no part in lighting the fire and would never harm her children
- She started having extra-marital sex before Christmas; her husband Mick encouraged this
- She felt suicidal when her husband's girlfriend, Lisa Willis, left the family home
- She woke up to find the house engulfed in flames
- Hearing the news that five of her children perished in the fire felt "like my insides had been ripped out," she said
More top news
Jordan Burndred's devastated mum Nicola confirmed the news on Facebook saying the 17-year-old 'didn't make it through the night.'
At least four plots attempts to smuggle highly-radioactive materials to Islamic State militants were stopped in the last five years.
Women should be warned not to drink alcohol for the whole of pregnancy to avoid harming their baby, researchers said.