Mairead Philpott is continuing to give evidence in the Derby house fire trial. Yesterday she told the court:
- She had no part in lighting the fire and would never harm her children
- She started having extra-marital sex before Christmas; her husband Mick encouraged this
- She felt suicidal when her husband's girlfriend, Lisa Willis, left the family home
- She woke up to find the house engulfed in flames
- Hearing the news that five of her children perished in the fire felt "like my insides had been ripped out," she said
More top news
Prime Minister plans a whistle-stop charm offensive with EU leaders this week.
Thriller writer Anthony Horowitz is at the helm of the latest Bond book, which is based on an unfilmed Ian Fleming TV script.
Actress who plays iconic Daenerys Targaryen admitted she didn't want to become typecast for nudity.