Mairead Philpott is continuing to give evidence in the Derby house fire trial. Yesterday she told the court:
- She had no part in lighting the fire and would never harm her children
- She started having extra-marital sex before Christmas; her husband Mick encouraged this
- She felt suicidal when her husband's girlfriend, Lisa Willis, left the family home
- She woke up to find the house engulfed in flames
- Hearing the news that five of her children perished in the fire felt "like my insides had been ripped out," she said
More top news
Scientists have discovered the world's deepest fish with wing-like fins and an eel-like tail during research in the depths of the Pacific.
The tranquil district of Hart has been crowned as the place with the best quality of life in the UK for the fourth year in a row.
Britain's immigration system is in 'critical condition' according to the chair of the Home Affairs Select Committee.