Mairead Philpott is continuing to give evidence in the Derby house fire trial. Yesterday she told the court:
- She had no part in lighting the fire and would never harm her children
- She started having extra-marital sex before Christmas; her husband Mick encouraged this
- She felt suicidal when her husband's girlfriend, Lisa Willis, left the family home
- She woke up to find the house engulfed in flames
- Hearing the news that five of her children perished in the fire felt "like my insides had been ripped out," she said
More top news
UK Athletics say an investigation into Mo Farah and his coach Alberto Salazar has show no evidence of doping.
Cool with cheery sunshine after the downpours in the east ease.
A Manchester City fan has been cleared of using racist language during the Manchester derby after stewards failed to show up for his trial.