Mairead Philpott is continuing to give evidence in the Derby house fire trial. Yesterday she told the court:
- She had no part in lighting the fire and would never harm her children
- She started having extra-marital sex before Christmas; her husband Mick encouraged this
- She felt suicidal when her husband's girlfriend, Lisa Willis, left the family home
- She woke up to find the house engulfed in flames
- Hearing the news that five of her children perished in the fire felt "like my insides had been ripped out," she said
More top news
The PM is expected to slam the "scandalous" failure of the prisons sector today as he outlines his plans for a modern prison system.
Outbreaks of rain will continue to move eastwards across the UK this evening.
A boy was left hanging precariously out of a car after it crashed on a bridge