Mairead Philpott is continuing to give evidence in the Derby house fire trial. Yesterday she told the court:
- She had no part in lighting the fire and would never harm her children
- She started having extra-marital sex before Christmas; her husband Mick encouraged this
- She felt suicidal when her husband's girlfriend, Lisa Willis, left the family home
- She woke up to find the house engulfed in flames
- Hearing the news that five of her children perished in the fire felt "like my insides had been ripped out," she said
More top news
The Tesco Mum of the Year award crowned a memorable few weeks for Dame Esther who became a grandmother for the second time.
The East Coast rail line becomes privately run from today after more than five years in the public sector.
Ireland suffocated England into full submission with a 19-9 victory, setting up a serious tilt towards a first Grand Slam since 2009.