Mairead Philpott is continuing to give evidence in the Derby house fire trial. Yesterday she told the court:
- She had no part in lighting the fire and would never harm her children
- She started having extra-marital sex before Christmas; her husband Mick encouraged this
- She felt suicidal when her husband's girlfriend, Lisa Willis, left the family home
- She woke up to find the house engulfed in flames
- Hearing the news that five of her children perished in the fire felt "like my insides had been ripped out," she said
More top news
The M20 in Kent has been closed in both directions after a pedestrian bridge allegedly collapsed on the motorway on Saturday.
The AA have warned of traffic jams and urged people to carry extra water in their vehicles because of the warm weather.
Chefs in Italy are urging restaurants around the world to serve pasta all'amatriciana - a rustic dish that originates from Amatrice.