Mairead Philpott is continuing to give evidence in the Derby house fire trial. Yesterday she told the court:
- She had no part in lighting the fire and would never harm her children
- She started having extra-marital sex before Christmas; her husband Mick encouraged this
- She felt suicidal when her husband's girlfriend, Lisa Willis, left the family home
- She woke up to find the house engulfed in flames
- Hearing the news that five of her children perished in the fire felt "like my insides had been ripped out," she said
More top news
Quick-thinking Derek Trow reversed his bus, carrying 11 schoolchildren, off the bridge as it started collapsing in front of him.
A former soldier pleaded guilty to a catalogue of abuse towards a three-year old boy including inflicting electric shocks on him.
The wreckage of the long-lost British submarine thought to have sunk 74 years ago has been found off the coast of Sardinia, reports claim.