Mairead Philpott is continuing to give evidence in the Derby house fire trial. Yesterday she told the court:
- She had no part in lighting the fire and would never harm her children
- She started having extra-marital sex before Christmas; her husband Mick encouraged this
- She felt suicidal when her husband's girlfriend, Lisa Willis, left the family home
- She woke up to find the house engulfed in flames
- Hearing the news that five of her children perished in the fire felt "like my insides had been ripped out," she said
More top news
A switch in the wind direction will mean the unseasonably bitterly cold air of the last few days finally gives way.
Beyoncé's new album Lemonade has knocked the late Purple Rain singer off the coveted top spot.
Actress and campaigner tells ITV News the only way to end the trade in illegal ivory is for the West to stand up to Beijing.