Mairead Philpott is continuing to give evidence in the Derby house fire trial. Yesterday she told the court:
- She had no part in lighting the fire and would never harm her children
- She started having extra-marital sex before Christmas; her husband Mick encouraged this
- She felt suicidal when her husband's girlfriend, Lisa Willis, left the family home
- She woke up to find the house engulfed in flames
- Hearing the news that five of her children perished in the fire felt "like my insides had been ripped out," she said
More top news
After seven days of spectacular chaos, the fog is now starting to lift. Tom Bradby takes a look at what could lie ahead for the UK.
Bank of England governor signals possible interest rate cut saying "monetary policy easing will likely be required".
A look at how Mouquet Farm, north of Pozières in France, became a pivotal battleground during the Battle of the Somme.