Mairead Philpott is continuing to give evidence in the Derby house fire trial. Yesterday she told the court:
- She had no part in lighting the fire and would never harm her children
- She started having extra-marital sex before Christmas; her husband Mick encouraged this
- She felt suicidal when her husband's girlfriend, Lisa Willis, left the family home
- She woke up to find the house engulfed in flames
- Hearing the news that five of her children perished in the fire felt "like my insides had been ripped out," she said
More top news
Most of the UK will have a mixture of sunny spells and scattered showers before becoming drier in the afternoon.
Scottish people celebrate the birthday of national writer Robert Burns with events including haggis throwing and the Big Burns Supper.
There will be a rare chance to see an asteroid pass so close to the Earth you will be able to see it with binoculars on Monday night.