Mairead Philpott is continuing to give evidence in the Derby house fire trial. Yesterday she told the court:
- She had no part in lighting the fire and would never harm her children
- She started having extra-marital sex before Christmas; her husband Mick encouraged this
- She felt suicidal when her husband's girlfriend, Lisa Willis, left the family home
- She woke up to find the house engulfed in flames
- Hearing the news that five of her children perished in the fire felt "like my insides had been ripped out," she said
More top news
Temperatures tumbling again tonight with a widespread sharp frost and lows of -5C or -6C and icy spots in places
Search teams were again looking for missing airman Corrie McKeague - this time joined by cadaver dogs trained to seek out human remains.
Donald Trump has dismissed pictures showing a smaller turnout to his inauguration compared to Barack Obama's in 2009.