- New Employment Allowance will take the first £2,000 off the employer National Insurance bill of every company in the country
- Around 450,000 small businesses - one third of all employers - will pay no employer National Insurance at all after introduction of Employment Allowance in April next year
- Small firms will be given help through Government procurement budgets, growth vouchers and controls on regulators' charges
- The Capital Gains Tax holiday will be extended
- Corporation tax to be reduced by a further 1% to 20% in April 2015
- Small company and main rates of corporation tax merged at 20p
More top news
It will be rather cloudy to start, with the odd shower for some.
A Royal Navy destroyer is heading to the Persian Gulf to help fight Islamic State (IS), the defence secretary has announced.
Scientists are a step closer to developing a test for early diagnosis of Parkinson's disease.