- New Employment Allowance will take the first £2,000 off the employer National Insurance bill of every company in the country
- Around 450,000 small businesses - one third of all employers - will pay no employer National Insurance at all after introduction of Employment Allowance in April next year
- Small firms will be given help through Government procurement budgets, growth vouchers and controls on regulators' charges
- The Capital Gains Tax holiday will be extended
- Corporation tax to be reduced by a further 1% to 20% in April 2015
- Small company and main rates of corporation tax merged at 20p
More top news
Four migrants who tried to cross the Channel in an inflatable dinghy have reportedly been rescued by French coastguards.
The victim, a man in his 40s, is being treated in hospital for "life-changing" injuries after the attack by two men who remain on the run.
Heavy security presence as 64,000 fans gather at the Stade de France stadium for the Six Nations rugby match between France and Italy.