- New Employment Allowance will take the first £2,000 off the employer National Insurance bill of every company in the country
- Around 450,000 small businesses - one third of all employers - will pay no employer National Insurance at all after introduction of Employment Allowance in April next year
- Small firms will be given help through Government procurement budgets, growth vouchers and controls on regulators' charges
- The Capital Gains Tax holiday will be extended
- Corporation tax to be reduced by a further 1% to 20% in April 2015
- Small company and main rates of corporation tax merged at 20p
More top news
A website is threatening the release of hacked nude pictures of Emma Watson, reportedly in response to her speech on gender equality.
A cold front is making its way south so tomorrow will start fresh and bright but through the afternoon the cloud cover will increase.
Hilary Mantel has defended her story which imagines the assassination of Margaret Thatcher in 1983 after its publication prompted an outcry.