- New Employment Allowance will take the first £2,000 off the employer National Insurance bill of every company in the country
- Around 450,000 small businesses - one third of all employers - will pay no employer National Insurance at all after introduction of Employment Allowance in April next year
- Small firms will be given help through Government procurement budgets, growth vouchers and controls on regulators' charges
- The Capital Gains Tax holiday will be extended
- Corporation tax to be reduced by a further 1% to 20% in April 2015
- Small company and main rates of corporation tax merged at 20p
More top news
Plumbers and heating engineers should be trained to help people living in homes that are too cold, according to new health guidelines.
Rain for the northwest, dry and cold elsewhere
Rejecting a showdown with Ed Miliband, David Cameron's terms sent to broadcasters reveal his deep dissatisfaction with the debate proposals.