In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
Scotland wanted every child to have a 'named person' to look after their welfare regardless of their family situation.
The adorable 10-stamp issue marks the 150th anniversary of Potter's birth. Featuring Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddle-Duck, Tom Kitten and more!
A man who launched a savage attack on his partner and another on the mother of his children minutes later has admitted two counts of murder.