In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
Rio Ferdinand has emerged as a surprise possible choice to be the FA's candidate for Britain's FIFA vice-presidential position
Billy Connolly has revealed how his close friend Robin Williams rang his to say goodbye just days before taking his own life.
The anti-war President is now in combat in two Middle Eastern countries.