In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
After a most unusual trial in Brooklyn, jurors now must decide whether Abid Naseer plotted to blow up a Manchester shopping centre.
McLaren confirm that Fernando Alonso will not compete in the Australian GP on advice from doctors due to his recent crash
A "lethal mix" of poor clinical care and relationships between doctors and midwives led to the deaths of 11 babies and one mother.