In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
A memorial service has been held at Birmingham Cathedral to remember the victims of the Birmingham pub bombings 40 years ago tonight.
One of the world richest and most influential philanthropists has told ITV News that governments failed to act fast enough over Ebola.
Chewing gum manufacturers must help pay the multimillion-pound bill for cleaning up discarded pieces, councils have said.