In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
British troops are finally coming home from Helmand within the next few days after 13 years in Afghanistan.
Former Oasis star Liam Gallagher has announced that his latest band 'Beady Eye' has split up but did not say why they are calling it a day.
Mike Tindall has agreed a settlement with Express Newspapers over a story about his marriage to Zara Phillips.