In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
Six people have begun living in a dome in Hawaii to simulate what life would be like on Mars.
The 12th series of X Factor kicks off on ITV this Saturday but which previous winners went on to make it big?
A mother and her four young children who are feared to be travelling to Syria are being sought by police.