In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
Weather throws a wobbly as it's seriously disappointing for summer.
The Bank of England governor has suggested there may soon be a cut in interest rates.
The motorist at the wheel of a self-driving car has died after it crashed with a trailer, the first Autopilot death reported in the US.