In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
Bright & breezy with some showers
ITV News witnesses the devastating aftermath as 600 people remain missing and 300 are confirmed dead.
Wayne Lotter, the co-founder and president of the conservation organisation PAMS Foundation, has been shot dead by gunmen in Tanzania.