In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
TOWIE star Mark Wright has tied the knot with Coronation Street actress Michelle Keegan at a lavish ceremony in Bury St Edmunds.
West Ham United have confirmed Sam Allardyce will not continue as their manager next season.
A goalless draw at home to Manchester United condemned Hull to the Championship next season.