In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
The official Brexit campaign "cheated" during the European Union referendum to get around spending limits, a whistleblower has claimed.
A cloudy and damp start for many southeastern areas, but turning brighter through the afternoon.
Countries have been switching off their lights for Earth Hour, a global call for international unity on the importance of climate change.