In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
The high-tech new notes due to be released in September have one major drawback - they can stick to each other, the bank has said
A family will have to give their loved one a second funeral after a mortuary blunder at Southport Hospital got two bodies mixed up.
Mark Stribling and Robert Stilwell are charged with immigration offences after a boat of 18 Albanian migrants sunk off the Kent coast.