In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
The wrestling hall of fame star 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper has died aged 61.
Labour has called for compensation from the French government to be paid to Britons affected by the chaos at Calais.
Andy Burnham warns far-left supporters of fellow Labour leadership candidate Jeremy Corbyn are putting party at risk of a 1980s-style split.