In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
A mixed week ahead weather wise with milder conditions for many towards the weekend
A damp start to the working week with brighter weather for most later in the day
Having a longer pregnancy also reduced the risk of suffering from post-natal depression, a study found.