In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
A senior health official has called for vitamin supplements for children amid warnings over a rickets 'epidemic'.
The former Top Gear also revealed his cancer scare just two days before the fracas which led to his sacking.
Tonight will start off clear in many areas, but cloud will increase from the east overnight, bringing some light and patchy rain.