In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
Syrian government forces are continuing a push for total control of Aleppo, while a reported 20,000 civilians left the city on Saturday.
Rex Tillerson is president of Exxon Mobil and has close business links to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Largely dry tomorrow with some sunshine in the south