In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
A former Fox employee has died after apparently shooting himself outside the front doors of the News Corporation building.
French courts have forbidden two sets of parents from naming their two, unrelated, daughters Nutella and Strawberry.
A video has been posted online by students at Nottingham Trent University showing an alleged intruder stuck in a window of a building.