In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
Ben Bradley, the Conservative vice chair for youth, has backtracked after saying people who can't afford children should have vasectomies.
Donald Trump is in "excellent" physical health and performed "exceedingly well" at a cognitive test, a presidential medical has found.
Anthony Joshua would shake up the tax system and "educate" people about how to use the NHS properly if he went into politics.