In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
Several passers-by can be seen apparently reacting to the incident in the footage.
The American bishop ‘had no idea’ his sermon caused such a stir.
Philip Wilson, the Archbishop of Adelaide, is the most senior member of the Catholic church to be convicted of covering up child sex abuse.