In May 2010, human rights activists boarded six ships in an attempt to breach Israel's blockade of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip to distribute aid.
- The flotilla of ships was boarded around 80 miles from Israel's coast
- Israeli commandos boarded Turkish ship MV Mavi Mara and met with resistance
- Nine Turkish activists died during the raid
- The incident severely harmed ties between the once-close allies
- Turkey withdrew its ambassador from Israel and scaled back diplomatic ties
More top news
The Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition praised the courage of Britain's armed forces in a Christmas message to troops.
Nick Clegg has vowed to avoid appearances on reality shows like I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! when he stands down as an MP.
Immortalised in the film Zulu, the Battle of Rorke's Drift is an iconic episode of British military history.