Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg will make a speech today outlining an immigration system that "embodies this nation's instincts and its values". In it, he is expected to:
- Claim to be correcting the mistakes left by Labour government
- Introduce a pilot scheme for security bonds - deposits that can be claimed back when visitors from "high-risk" countries leave
- Promise larger cash fines for employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants
- Call for a crackdown on human trafficking by criminal gangs
- Defend the Coalition decision to exclude students from immigration cap
More top news
Adam Pritchard was visiting family in Iowa, USA, when he appeared to fall from his bike and later died.
A four-year-old boy is among 20 people to have died in some of the worst flooding West Virginia has seen.
The heavy showers will ease off this weekend.