Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg will make a speech today outlining an immigration system that "embodies this nation's instincts and its values". In it, he is expected to:
- Claim to be correcting the mistakes left by Labour government
- Introduce a pilot scheme for security bonds - deposits that can be claimed back when visitors from "high-risk" countries leave
- Promise larger cash fines for employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants
- Call for a crackdown on human trafficking by criminal gangs
- Defend the Coalition decision to exclude students from immigration cap
More top news
The cold weather is set to continue over the next few days with further wintry showers and icy patches, particularly at night.
Coronation Street has found another actress to play Bethany Platt, after a previous one was dropped for lying about her age.
Andre Luzganov, who shot dramatic video of the attack the weekend, told ITV News his family has left and will not be returning to Mariupol.