Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg will make a speech today outlining an immigration system that "embodies this nation's instincts and its values". In it, he is expected to:
- Claim to be correcting the mistakes left by Labour government
- Introduce a pilot scheme for security bonds - deposits that can be claimed back when visitors from "high-risk" countries leave
- Promise larger cash fines for employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants
- Call for a crackdown on human trafficking by criminal gangs
- Defend the Coalition decision to exclude students from immigration cap
More top news
TV presenters Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan say they have made a formal complaint after their daughter received rape threats.
The Chuckle Brothers are hoping their song with grime artist Tinchy Stryder will become a hit.
One father has taken his son's football team allegiance to whole new level and put it up for sale on eBay - all in the name of charity