Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg will make a speech today outlining an immigration system that "embodies this nation's instincts and its values". In it, he is expected to:
- Claim to be correcting the mistakes left by Labour government
- Introduce a pilot scheme for security bonds - deposits that can be claimed back when visitors from "high-risk" countries leave
- Promise larger cash fines for employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants
- Call for a crackdown on human trafficking by criminal gangs
- Defend the Coalition decision to exclude students from immigration cap
More top news
TV presenter Alice Beer has said the pair received similar kidnap and rape threats just weeks before the Crimewatch star was murdered.
In an interview with The Sunday Telegraph David Cameron has set out a series of policies designed to appeal to traditional Tory voters.
Nick Clegg will attempt to win over the female electorate when he kicks off the Liberal Democrats' general election campaign later today.