Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg will make a speech today outlining an immigration system that "embodies this nation's instincts and its values". In it, he is expected to:
- Claim to be correcting the mistakes left by Labour government
- Introduce a pilot scheme for security bonds - deposits that can be claimed back when visitors from "high-risk" countries leave
- Promise larger cash fines for employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants
- Call for a crackdown on human trafficking by criminal gangs
- Defend the Coalition decision to exclude students from immigration cap
More top news
The secret wartime bunker of fascist leader Benito Mussolini opens its door to public.
As the main British base in Afghanistan, Camp Bastion, is handed over to Afghan troops we look back at Britain's role in the conflict.
The father of Ched Evans' rape victim claims people are trying to track down and kill his daughter over the ordeal.