Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg will make a speech today outlining an immigration system that "embodies this nation's instincts and its values". In it, he is expected to:
- Claim to be correcting the mistakes left by Labour government
- Introduce a pilot scheme for security bonds - deposits that can be claimed back when visitors from "high-risk" countries leave
- Promise larger cash fines for employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants
- Call for a crackdown on human trafficking by criminal gangs
- Defend the Coalition decision to exclude students from immigration cap
More top news
Daddy Day Care star Eddie Murphy is celebrating the birth of his ninth child.
A huge wildfire has prompted the evacuation of an entire Canadian city.
The garden of paedophile friends of serial killers Fred and Rosemary West is being dug up by police after a tip-off.