- Italian law cannot compel Amanda Knox to return from the US for the new trial
- The court could declare her in contempt, but that carries no additional penalties
- It is unclear what will happen if she is convicted in a new appeals trial, but Italy can seek her extradition
- It would then be up to the United States to decide if it honors the request
- US and Italian authorities could also come to a deal that would keep Knox in the United States
More top news
The 64-year-old’s victory will bring in a new system transferring all executive powers to him.
Last week, the Government announced the NHS would receive an additional £20 billion a year in real terms funding by 2024.
The firefighter who led the initial response said he could not remember specific training on evacuating buildings with such a policy.