- Italian law cannot compel Amanda Knox to return from the US for the new trial
- The court could declare her in contempt, but that carries no additional penalties
- It is unclear what will happen if she is convicted in a new appeals trial, but Italy can seek her extradition
- It would then be up to the United States to decide if it honors the request
- US and Italian authorities could also come to a deal that would keep Knox in the United States
More top news
He said people have handed over thousands of pounds in good faith, only to find the advert has nothing to do with Mr Lewis or his company.
The memorial service will be attended by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
David Browning admits manslaughter by diminished responsibility but denies murder.