- Italian law cannot compel Amanda Knox to return from the US for the new trial
- The court could declare her in contempt, but that carries no additional penalties
- It is unclear what will happen if she is convicted in a new appeals trial, but Italy can seek her extradition
- It would then be up to the United States to decide if it honors the request
- US and Italian authorities could also come to a deal that would keep Knox in the United States
More top news
There is a weather warning in place in anticipation of heavy rain and gusts of up to 70mph tomorrow.
Dozens of people took to social media to warn others about the character who stands wearing a mask and a suit while holding a balloon.
British authorities say they're ready to handle Ebola, if it should land in this country. But is that message getting out to everyone else?