- Italian law cannot compel Amanda Knox to return from the US for the new trial
- The court could declare her in contempt, but that carries no additional penalties
- It is unclear what will happen if she is convicted in a new appeals trial, but Italy can seek her extradition
- It would then be up to the United States to decide if it honors the request
- US and Italian authorities could also come to a deal that would keep Knox in the United States
More top news
Inspectors also found the electric meter had been bypassed to avoid paying for electricity.
James Ellington and Nigel Levine were training in Spain when they were involved in a head-on collision with a car.
A big difference in temperatures again today