- Italian law cannot compel Amanda Knox to return from the US for the new trial
- The court could declare her in contempt, but that carries no additional penalties
- It is unclear what will happen if she is convicted in a new appeals trial, but Italy can seek her extradition
- It would then be up to the United States to decide if it honors the request
- US and Italian authorities could also come to a deal that would keep Knox in the United States
More top news
The 5p charge for a single-use carrier bag has had a clear impact on shoppers' behaviour, six months after being introduced.
Pothole-related damage might seem like a minor issue, but the RAC is called out for such issues by thousands of motorists each month.
Oliver Letwin MP, who was in charge of Brexit negotiations for two weeks, tells ITV News what he thinks will be easy and what will be hard.