Nearly every planned new franchise date has been put back under changes to the system:
- On the West Coast, Virgin originally agreed to carry on running the line until November 2014. However, the Government says the new franchise won't start until April 2017
- The Great Western franchise due to end in October this year, won't start until July 2016
- Northern franchise, due to end in April 2014, won't begin until February 2016
- South Eastern franchise, due to end in April 2014 won't start until June 2018
- Essex Thameside, where the franchise ends in May this year won't begin until September 2014
More top news
Donald Trump has "rattled" world leaders and they have good reason to feel that way, according to Barack Obama.
Hollywood film directors are being asked by the US government to help combat the allure of the so-called Islamic state on social media.
A cross-party group of politicians have teamed up to launch a campaign to "take a stand" against online abuse.