Nearly every planned new franchise date has been put back under changes to the system:
- On the West Coast, Virgin originally agreed to carry on running the line until November 2014. However, the Government says the new franchise won't start until April 2017
- The Great Western franchise due to end in October this year, won't start until July 2016
- Northern franchise, due to end in April 2014, won't begin until February 2016
- South Eastern franchise, due to end in April 2014 won't start until June 2018
- Essex Thameside, where the franchise ends in May this year won't begin until September 2014
More top news
A farmer has welcomed a herd of alpacas to his farm this Christmas to protect his flock of 24,000 free-range turkeys from fox attacks.
Paloma Faith has praised the NHS after undergoing an emergency caesarean section during the birth of her first child.
As ITV News reports on the environmental impact of over packaging, we ask you to share your pictures of retailers' overzealous packing.