Nearly every planned new franchise date has been put back under changes to the system:
- On the West Coast, Virgin originally agreed to carry on running the line until November 2014. However, the Government says the new franchise won't start until April 2017
- The Great Western franchise due to end in October this year, won't start until July 2016
- Northern franchise, due to end in April 2014, won't begin until February 2016
- South Eastern franchise, due to end in April 2014 won't start until June 2018
- Essex Thameside, where the franchise ends in May this year won't begin until September 2014
More top news
A documentary about the brutal gang rape and murder of a woman on a Delhi bus in 2012 has been banned in India.
Scotland Yard are asking for the public's help to find the dangerous men who are wanted in Europe but are believed to be hiding in the UK.
A Bolton chemistry teacher is to be sentenced today after admitting terror offences - with police claiming he wanted to join Islamic State.