Nearly every planned new franchise date has been put back under changes to the system:
- On the West Coast, Virgin originally agreed to carry on running the line until November 2014. However, the Government says the new franchise won't start until April 2017
- The Great Western franchise due to end in October this year, won't start until July 2016
- Northern franchise, due to end in April 2014, won't begin until February 2016
- South Eastern franchise, due to end in April 2014 won't start until June 2018
- Essex Thameside, where the franchise ends in May this year won't begin until September 2014
More top news
Tens of thousands of people have travelled to a sleepy town in the American west, to witness a rare celestial event.
Warming up over the next few days. Mostly dry in the south, rain at times in the north.
A petition for a statue of rapper Missy Elliott to replace a Confederate monument in Virginia has been signed by more than 15,000 people.