Nearly every planned new franchise date has been put back under changes to the system:
- On the West Coast, Virgin originally agreed to carry on running the line until November 2014. However, the Government says the new franchise won't start until April 2017
- The Great Western franchise due to end in October this year, won't start until July 2016
- Northern franchise, due to end in April 2014, won't begin until February 2016
- South Eastern franchise, due to end in April 2014 won't start until June 2018
- Essex Thameside, where the franchise ends in May this year won't begin until September 2014
More top news
Scientists have discovered the world's deepest fish with wing-like fins and an eel-like tail during research in the depths of the Pacific.
The tranquil district of Hart has been crowned as the place with the best quality of life in the UK for the fourth year in a row.
Britain's immigration system is in 'critical condition' according to the chair of the Home Affairs Select Committee.