Nearly every planned new franchise date has been put back under changes to the system:
- On the West Coast, Virgin originally agreed to carry on running the line until November 2014. However, the Government says the new franchise won't start until April 2017
- The Great Western franchise due to end in October this year, won't start until July 2016
- Northern franchise, due to end in April 2014, won't begin until February 2016
- South Eastern franchise, due to end in April 2014 won't start until June 2018
- Essex Thameside, where the franchise ends in May this year won't begin until September 2014
More top news
An organised coup of the Labour party leadership is underway, writes Carl Dinnen - but it could get very legally messy.
The party leader said her MPs may be in a position to act as deal makers - and they would refuse to allow an exit from the EU.
Oliver Healey said he set up the page before the referendum and it has now been "hijacked" by Remain backers.