OAP couple in home explosion

An elderly couple in their 70s were taken to hospital after an explosion, suspected to be caused by a gas leak, "totally demolished" their home near Stirling. Marianne Cunningham, 74, has been discharged. Husband Robin, 77, is in a stable condition.

View all 7 updates ›

Explosion 'totally destroyed' pensioners' house

Two pensioners have been taken to hospital after an explosion "totally destroyed" their house, reports STV.

A 74 year old woman and a 77-year-old man were hospitalised after emergency services were called to Murdinston Avenue in Callander, Stirling just before 6am.

It is thought that a gas leak caused the explosion.

More top news