People in Cyprus will be able to visit their banks on Thursday for the first time in two weeks but restrictions have been introduced on what they are able to do.
These are reported to be:
- Cash withdrawals from banks will be limited to €300 a day
- Cashing of cheques have been banned
- Businesses are barred from transferring money abroad unless they can show it is for imports
- People leaving the island can take no more than €3,000 in notes
- Limit of €5,000 per month on use of credit cards abroad
- Families with members studying abroad cannot send more than €10,000 a term to relatives
More top news
Northern and Western areas keep best of sunshine in next few days.
Harambe the gorilla was shot and killed in order to rescue a four-year-old who had fallen into his enclosure.
Merve Buyuksarac, who was crowned Miss Turkey in 2006, was handed a 14-month suspended sentence for sharing a satirical poem on Instagram.