People in Cyprus will be able to visit their banks on Thursday for the first time in two weeks but restrictions have been introduced on what they are able to do.
These are reported to be:
- Cash withdrawals from banks will be limited to €300 a day
- Cashing of cheques have been banned
- Businesses are barred from transferring money abroad unless they can show it is for imports
- People leaving the island can take no more than €3,000 in notes
- Limit of €5,000 per month on use of credit cards abroad
- Families with members studying abroad cannot send more than €10,000 a term to relatives
More top news
Australian businessman named as Alan Sugar's newest apprentice and winner of a £250,000 investment in his fledgling company.
The 270 victims of the Lockerbie bombing have been remembered today, 26 years to the day that they lost their lives in the air disaster.
Actress Billie Whitelaw, who starred in films including The Omen, has died aged 82.