People in Cyprus will be able to visit their banks on Thursday for the first time in two weeks but restrictions have been introduced on what they are able to do.
These are reported to be:
- Cash withdrawals from banks will be limited to €300 a day
- Cashing of cheques have been banned
- Businesses are barred from transferring money abroad unless they can show it is for imports
- People leaving the island can take no more than €3,000 in notes
- Limit of €5,000 per month on use of credit cards abroad
- Families with members studying abroad cannot send more than €10,000 a term to relatives
More top news
Hefty showers and longer, slow moving downpours into this evening and again on Saturday - some lively with thunder.
We are entering - and we have voted to enter - a period of intense political and economic uncertainty.
David Cameron has announced he is to resign as prime minister by October. We look at who could replace him.