People in Cyprus will be able to visit their banks on Thursday for the first time in two weeks but restrictions have been introduced on what they are able to do.
These are reported to be:
- Cash withdrawals from banks will be limited to €300 a day
- Cashing of cheques have been banned
- Businesses are barred from transferring money abroad unless they can show it is for imports
- People leaving the island can take no more than €3,000 in notes
- Limit of €5,000 per month on use of credit cards abroad
- Families with members studying abroad cannot send more than €10,000 a term to relatives
More top news
A protest against Black Friday sales, urging people to buy nothing at all instead, has attracted tens of thousands of supporters in the UK.
Republican presidential contender Donald Trump has been heavily criticised after appearing to mock a disabled reporter at a rally.
We currently have mild air for late November, but some cold air is on the horizon.