People in Cyprus will be able to visit their banks on Thursday for the first time in two weeks but restrictions have been introduced on what they are able to do.
These are reported to be:
- Cash withdrawals from banks will be limited to €300 a day
- Cashing of cheques have been banned
- Businesses are barred from transferring money abroad unless they can show it is for imports
- People leaving the island can take no more than €3,000 in notes
- Limit of €5,000 per month on use of credit cards abroad
- Families with members studying abroad cannot send more than €10,000 a term to relatives
More top news
ITV today announced that Jacqui Oatley is to join the channel as a sports presenter
There are signs that employers seem to be beginning to decide that the 1.86 million unemployed are not suitable for the jobs available.
Clarke Carlisle "thinks about and prays for" the lorry driver he jumped in front of last year when he attempted to take his own life