The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
More than seven million people in their 30s and 40s will lose out by £10,000 each under plans to increase the state pension age to 68.
The Duke of Cambridge reveals he talks to Prince George and Princess Charlotte when he puts them to bed about their other grandmother.
The Queen was so “deeply concerned” about Diana as her marriage to Prince Charles unravelled she asked a close friend to check on her.