The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
The inflatable Minion fell onto oncoming traffic in Dublin on Monday, causing widespread disruption.
A man has claimed that he was raped aged 12 by former Prime Minister Sir Edward Heath.
Two people have been killed and dozens wounded after a circus tent collapsed during a severe storm in New Hampshire.