The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
A little girl died in her sleep this morning just months after her family said that a "miracle" had saved her precious daughter from cancer.
The mother of Reeva Steenkamp, the model shot dead by Oscar Pistorius, has written about how she felt during the trial.
Customers could be losing out due to credit card companies not providing enough information, consumer group Which? has found.