The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
At least four plots attempts to smuggle highly-radioactive materials to Islamic State militants were stopped in the last five years.
Women should be warned not to drink alcohol for the whole of pregnancy to avoid harming their baby, researchers said.
The Hollywood actor went out of his way to try and reunite the woman with her ID - months after a stranger handed him back his credit card.