The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
Bono said the death of Dennis Sheehan, who had been the band's manager for more than 30 years, was like "losing a family member".
Up until today Zurich has always been a safe haven for Fifa - an island could behave just how they wanted. Yesterday changed everything.
Prime Minister plans a whistle-stop charm offensive with EU leaders this week.