The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
Austerity and Brexit are dividing Britons and causing a "schism" in society, the Archbishop of Canterbury has warned.
A taxi driver has been suspended after inspectors found he was using a Costa Coffee lid as a fuel cap.
Days of government bombardment in rebel-held eastern Ghouta have now left more than 500 people dead, observers say.