The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
One estimate suggests that higher mortgage repayments could squeeze hard-pressed householders into debt peril.
Calculate your monthly mortgage repayments if interest rates rise.
Fast-melting Arctic sea ice has forced some 35,000 Pacific walruses to retreat to the Alaska shoreline.