The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
This is the sight that greeted one environmental conservationist - a deer with its head stuck in a light globe.
A serial killer dubbed the "Grim Sleeper" could face the death penalty after being convicted of murdering nine women and a teenage girl.
Britons must have e-passports to visit America or risk being turned away, travellers have been warned.