The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
After a relatively mild and quiet night, an episode of rain for many of us tomorrow.
The 34-year-old from Coulsdon in Surrey died during the private party in Headley in the early hours of Monday, Surrey Police said.
The Home Office made the arrests at various restaurants across London on July 4.