The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
On English votes for English laws Ed Miliband is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
School fees, pricey private medical care and the fear of interest rate rises mean even those on £200,000 are feeling the pinch.
Overnight it will be cooler and fresher but most places will stay dry with a nippy start to Sunday.