The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
Britain is to withdraw engagement with Myanmar's military until the campaign of violence against the Muslim Rohingya minority is ended.
Highways England are looking to put a stop to lazy drivers who don't bother to bin their rubbish.
Boris Johnson will not resign as Foreign Secretary, he insists - despite the fallout surrounding his Brexit intervention.