The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
Ministers agree £7.8 billion bailout deal for recession-hit Greece after an 11-hour Brussels meeting.
There will be outbreaks of rain in central parts of the UK, while the rest of the country will remain dry.
A heartwarming photo of a five-month-old gorilla meeting a two-year-old girl is taking Facebook by storm.