The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
Auditions for X Factor have been cancelled following the death Simon Cowell's mother.
Andy Murray faces the towering 6ft 10 ins Croat Ivo Karlovic as he looks to book his place in the Wimbledon quarter final.
The National Housing Federation (NHF) has warned that large parts of the countryside in England could become "pensioner pockets".