The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
Tony Kim, who taught accounting at Pyongyang University of Science and Technology, was detained as he tried to leave the country.
Southern England will start dry and bright, and sunnier, colder weather will arrive in the north later in the day.
Drivers caught speeding excessively can now expect fines starting from 150% of their weekly income.