The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
Sam Burgess is ready to show what he can do in rugby union following his code switch, after defending his decision to leave league
The majority of adults in the UK would struggle to pass Maths GCSE. So how is poor numeracy affecting individuals and the economy?
These cute puppies are back home safe after the gang who snatched them were caught by police.