The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
A quiet and calm end to month and staying frost free tonight.
The FBI is reopening an investigation into e-mails sent by Hillary Clinton via a personal server, its director has announced.
Former deputy prime minister is set to return to the Lib Dem's front bench, the Party's leader has confirmed.