The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
Star Wars actor John Boyega, Luther star Idris Elba and rapper Ice Cube are among 683 people who have been invited to join.
A gun shop in Chicargo is raffling off an AR-15 rifle to raise funds for victims of the Orlando nightclub massacre.
The partner of one of the 11 people killed in the Shoreham air crash said airshows have caused too many fatalities.