The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
A man with 62 penalty points on his licence is among thousands of motorists allowed to drive despite exceeding the limit warranting a ban.
Storm Doris is set to bring severe weather across much of the UK on Thursday as heavy rain and strong winds push in from the west.
President Trump has scrapped protections for transgender students that had allowed them to use bathrooms matching their gender identity.