The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
Winds easing tonight with a few showers remaining for Scotland which could linger into tomorrow morning
A woman and her three children held hostage at knifepoint were saved by police after managing to hide a secret SOS message in a pizza order.
Hartlepool FC says fans should "think carefully" before voting for sitting Labour MP after his comments against plans to sign Ched Evans.