The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
A bright and breezy day tomorrow with the best of the sunshine through the south and east once early mist and fog patches clear.
Thousands of people have died shortly after being declared fit to work by the Government, new figures reveal.
One billion users logged in to Facebook in a single day for the first time ever, co-founder Mark Zuckerberg announced.