The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
Charlton Athletic Football Club have launched an internal investigation over an allegation of historical sexual abuse.
The government is "deeply concerned" by reports of UK weapons being used by the Saudis in strikes on civilians in Yemen, Boris Johnson says.
Cold and sunny for most, increasingly cloudy from the west. Cloud and wind spreading from the west of UK.