The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
The NHS is to set up 11 centres to unlock the secrets of DNA and help develop tests and drugs to target cancer and rare genetic diseases.
Australian businessman named as Alan Sugar's newest apprentice and winner of a £250,000 investment in his fledgling company.
The 270 victims of the Lockerbie bombing have been remembered today, 26 years to the day that they lost their lives in the air disaster.