The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
Cannons were fired in public for the Queen, now the longest reigning monarch in British history.
Leicester City's astonishing Premier League title push looks increasingly like more than a fairytale after they saw off rivals Man City
Charity claims five have been arrested of British man's killing, and suggests there may be more to come.