The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
The death of Boris Nemtsov hits particularly hard because he represented what post-Communist Russia might have become.
Dad Kyle Johnson claims a bus driver threatened to kick him and his two-year-old son Ethan off unless the deaf toddler quietened down.
A cheerless start to the weekend will go further downhill as cloud, wind and rain spreads in from the west.