The IPCC will today publish its report into Sir Norman Bettison following an investigation into whether he supplied misleading information after the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Bettison was a chief inspector with South Yorkshire Police at the time of the disaster
- A spectator at the match, he was involved in the police investigation into what happened
- He resigned from West Yorkshire Police in October amid controversy over his handling of the aftermath of the tragedy
- Sir Norman was referred to the IPCC last year following allegations he "concocted a false story of what happened"
- He has always strenuously denied any wrongdoing
More top news
John Barnes would like to work again as a football manager, but is being hindered due to the colour of his skin.
Katie Hopkins has been reported to police after being accused of inciting racial hatred in Rochdale.
Some in Number 10 will be cheered by latest ComRes poll which puts the Tories four points ahead but Leaders' debate is still important.