Here are some of Richard Griffiths' most famous roles on screen and stage:
- Hector, the teacher, in Alan Bennett's play The History Boys
- Uncle Vernon Dursley in the Harry Potter films
- Mr Bayham Badger in the 2005 TV adaptation of Charles Dickens's Bleak House
- Inspector Henry Crabbe, policeman and pie chef, in TV series Pie In The Sky
- Swelter in TV series Gormenghast
- Uncle Monty in film Withnail and I
- Head porter at Caius College in film Chariots of Fire
More top news
Premier League clubs have agreed to pay all full-time staff the living wageof £9.15 an hour in London or £7.85 an hour outside the capital.
Tamworth represents what's going on at the national level, a remarkable boom in jobs but wages only just beginning to overtake inflation.
Today Emily Morgan talks 'grubby plots', no more MPs and the Cameron-Miliband battle.