Here are some of Richard Griffiths' most famous roles on screen and stage:
- Hector, the teacher, in Alan Bennett's play The History Boys
- Uncle Vernon Dursley in the Harry Potter films
- Mr Bayham Badger in the 2005 TV adaptation of Charles Dickens's Bleak House
- Inspector Henry Crabbe, policeman and pie chef, in TV series Pie In The Sky
- Swelter in TV series Gormenghast
- Uncle Monty in film Withnail and I
- Head porter at Caius College in film Chariots of Fire
More top news
Sir Alan Parker said there is an ‘urgent and pressing need to rebuild trust and confidence’ in the charity sector.
ITV News travels to rural Thailand to report on the growing threat of the spread of deadly drug-resistant 'super bugs'.
Maksim Borodin died on April 14 from injuries sustained in a fall from his five-storey balcony.