Non-surgical cosmetic procedures involve products or techniques that make the skin look smoother, or make marks on the skin look less obvious.
There are various procedures available, including:
- Muscle paralysis, such as injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) to relax facial muscles and make lines and wrinkles less obvious
- Dermal fillers, injected into wrinkles or creases to fill them out
- Chemical peels, which use chemicals to remove the outer layer of skin cells
- Microdermabrasion, which uses fine crystals and a vacuum to remove dead skin cells
- Non-surgical laser and intense light treatments, such as hair removal
More top news
Celebrities including Chris Evans and Joanna Lumley are expected to attend the event marking 50 years since the broadcaster went on air
Staging a 'feast in a cemetery' is an important date in the calendar of one of Europe’s last surviving ethnic folk cultures, the Setos.
What was the reaction online to the first presidential debate that saw Clinton and Trump go head-to-head?