Non-surgical cosmetic procedures involve products or techniques that make the skin look smoother, or make marks on the skin look less obvious.
There are various procedures available, including:
- Muscle paralysis, such as injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) to relax facial muscles and make lines and wrinkles less obvious
- Dermal fillers, injected into wrinkles or creases to fill them out
- Chemical peels, which use chemicals to remove the outer layer of skin cells
- Microdermabrasion, which uses fine crystals and a vacuum to remove dead skin cells
- Non-surgical laser and intense light treatments, such as hair removal
More top news
Fifteen British WW1 soldiers will be reinterred at the Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemetery today, 100 years after their deaths.
Unresolved complaints about energy suppliers could be five times higher than official figures suggest, according to Labour.