Non-surgical cosmetic procedures involve products or techniques that make the skin look smoother, or make marks on the skin look less obvious.
There are various procedures available, including:
- Muscle paralysis, such as injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) to relax facial muscles and make lines and wrinkles less obvious
- Dermal fillers, injected into wrinkles or creases to fill them out
- Chemical peels, which use chemicals to remove the outer layer of skin cells
- Microdermabrasion, which uses fine crystals and a vacuum to remove dead skin cells
- Non-surgical laser and intense light treatments, such as hair removal
More top news
Royal Navy vessels are following Russian warships 'every inch of the way' as they pass through the English Channel on their way to Syria.
Official figures show parents are increasingly defying government rules and taking their children on unauthorised trips during term-time.
Tabloid 'King of the Sting' given a jail sentence for tampering with evidence in the collapsed drugs trial of pop star Tulisa Contostavlos.