Non-surgical cosmetic procedures involve products or techniques that make the skin look smoother, or make marks on the skin look less obvious.
There are various procedures available, including:
- Muscle paralysis, such as injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) to relax facial muscles and make lines and wrinkles less obvious
- Dermal fillers, injected into wrinkles or creases to fill them out
- Chemical peels, which use chemicals to remove the outer layer of skin cells
- Microdermabrasion, which uses fine crystals and a vacuum to remove dead skin cells
- Non-surgical laser and intense light treatments, such as hair removal
More top news
People should only be allowed to move freely within the EU if they have a job waiting for them, the Home Secretary has said.
A 62-year-old woman has been found alive more than a week after she vanished while on a hiking trip.
The first African American actor to play the lead role in Les Misérables on Broadway has died, aged 21.