Non-surgical cosmetic procedures involve products or techniques that make the skin look smoother, or make marks on the skin look less obvious.
There are various procedures available, including:
- Muscle paralysis, such as injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) to relax facial muscles and make lines and wrinkles less obvious
- Dermal fillers, injected into wrinkles or creases to fill them out
- Chemical peels, which use chemicals to remove the outer layer of skin cells
- Microdermabrasion, which uses fine crystals and a vacuum to remove dead skin cells
- Non-surgical laser and intense light treatments, such as hair removal
More top news
Peston on Sunday, a new live current affairs programme hosted by ITV News political editor Robert Peston, begins this this weekend.
Leicester City's players and fans are celebrating after winning the Premier League - but how did they claim their first top-flight title?
Jeremy Corbyn accused the media of being "obsessed" with his leadership and insists Labour will not lose any seats at Thursday's elections.