Non-surgical cosmetic procedures involve products or techniques that make the skin look smoother, or make marks on the skin look less obvious.
There are various procedures available, including:
- Muscle paralysis, such as injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) to relax facial muscles and make lines and wrinkles less obvious
- Dermal fillers, injected into wrinkles or creases to fill them out
- Chemical peels, which use chemicals to remove the outer layer of skin cells
- Microdermabrasion, which uses fine crystals and a vacuum to remove dead skin cells
- Non-surgical laser and intense light treatments, such as hair removal
More top news
A police constable has been jailed after admitting arranging to have sex with a 15-year-old runway while investigating her disappearance.
Five-year-old Isis was told she could not have her name printed on a personalised Nutella jar as it may be "viewed as inappropriate".
A school has cancelled its upcoming winter dance due to concerns over "dirty dancing."