Non-surgical cosmetic procedures involve products or techniques that make the skin look smoother, or make marks on the skin look less obvious.
There are various procedures available, including:
- Muscle paralysis, such as injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) to relax facial muscles and make lines and wrinkles less obvious
- Dermal fillers, injected into wrinkles or creases to fill them out
- Chemical peels, which use chemicals to remove the outer layer of skin cells
- Microdermabrasion, which uses fine crystals and a vacuum to remove dead skin cells
- Non-surgical laser and intense light treatments, such as hair removal
More top news
A doctor who lied and recorded a lower temperature for Ebola nurse Pauline Cafferkey on her return to the UK has been suspended for a month.
Emergency services were alerted to the crash at 3.50pm on Thursday, Sussex Police said.
WARNING: Some people may find some of the images in this report distressing.