Non-surgical cosmetic procedures involve products or techniques that make the skin look smoother, or make marks on the skin look less obvious.
There are various procedures available, including:
- Muscle paralysis, such as injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) to relax facial muscles and make lines and wrinkles less obvious
- Dermal fillers, injected into wrinkles or creases to fill them out
- Chemical peels, which use chemicals to remove the outer layer of skin cells
- Microdermabrasion, which uses fine crystals and a vacuum to remove dead skin cells
- Non-surgical laser and intense light treatments, such as hair removal
More top news
Donald Trump's son-in-law has denied colluding with Moscow during a set of meetings with Russians ahead of the US presidential election.
Chocolate bars being shrunk in size by manufacturers have managed to bump up the total cost of producing the treats, new figures suggest.
Tackling the effects of the emerging drug has been described as one of the 'biggest challenges in policing' for 30 years.