Non-surgical cosmetic procedures involve products or techniques that make the skin look smoother, or make marks on the skin look less obvious.
There are various procedures available, including:
- Muscle paralysis, such as injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) to relax facial muscles and make lines and wrinkles less obvious
- Dermal fillers, injected into wrinkles or creases to fill them out
- Chemical peels, which use chemicals to remove the outer layer of skin cells
- Microdermabrasion, which uses fine crystals and a vacuum to remove dead skin cells
- Non-surgical laser and intense light treatments, such as hair removal
More top news
Economics have warned of drastic consequences if Prime Minister Theresa May fulfills her pledge to walk away from a "bad" Brexit offering.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is set to sign a new two-year deal at the Emirates.
The SNP has unveiled its manifesto pledging to increase the minimum wage and to call for a second independence referendum.