Non-surgical cosmetic procedures involve products or techniques that make the skin look smoother, or make marks on the skin look less obvious.
There are various procedures available, including:
- Muscle paralysis, such as injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) to relax facial muscles and make lines and wrinkles less obvious
- Dermal fillers, injected into wrinkles or creases to fill them out
- Chemical peels, which use chemicals to remove the outer layer of skin cells
- Microdermabrasion, which uses fine crystals and a vacuum to remove dead skin cells
- Non-surgical laser and intense light treatments, such as hair removal
More top news
MPs describe their report into the food safety concerns we highlighted at 2 Sisters as a 'wake up call' for the regulator.
Close to a frost in places tonight
Mali has been awarded the PDSA's Dickin Medal for his courage under attack, saving the lives of dozens of British soldiers.