Non-surgical cosmetic procedures involve products or techniques that make the skin look smoother, or make marks on the skin look less obvious.
There are various procedures available, including:
- Muscle paralysis, such as injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) to relax facial muscles and make lines and wrinkles less obvious
- Dermal fillers, injected into wrinkles or creases to fill them out
- Chemical peels, which use chemicals to remove the outer layer of skin cells
- Microdermabrasion, which uses fine crystals and a vacuum to remove dead skin cells
- Non-surgical laser and intense light treatments, such as hair removal
More top news
Nick Clegg has insisted on more education spending in any coalition deal. But has he learned his lesson since the tuition fees fiasco?
Burnley have banned 21 people for life following violent scenes after a Championship match last season.
Anis Abid Sardar is alleged to have made the roadside bombs which killed Sergeant first class Randy Johnson in Iraq in 2007.