Non-surgical cosmetic procedures involve products or techniques that make the skin look smoother, or make marks on the skin look less obvious.
There are various procedures available, including:
- Muscle paralysis, such as injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) to relax facial muscles and make lines and wrinkles less obvious
- Dermal fillers, injected into wrinkles or creases to fill them out
- Chemical peels, which use chemicals to remove the outer layer of skin cells
- Microdermabrasion, which uses fine crystals and a vacuum to remove dead skin cells
- Non-surgical laser and intense light treatments, such as hair removal
More top news
George Osborne has recruited former Labour minister Lord Adonis to spearhead efforts to get Britain building again.
More than 20 people are feared injured after a British millionaire crashed his supercar into a crowd at a motor show in Malta.
Police snipers have been seen on Manchester rooftops during the Conservative Party conference.