Non-surgical cosmetic procedures involve products or techniques that make the skin look smoother, or make marks on the skin look less obvious.
There are various procedures available, including:
- Muscle paralysis, such as injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) to relax facial muscles and make lines and wrinkles less obvious
- Dermal fillers, injected into wrinkles or creases to fill them out
- Chemical peels, which use chemicals to remove the outer layer of skin cells
- Microdermabrasion, which uses fine crystals and a vacuum to remove dead skin cells
- Non-surgical laser and intense light treatments, such as hair removal
More top news
David Perry told police he had been worried about what he might do because of his high hormone levels after the break-up of a relationship.
Ed Miliband's pitch to business is based on staying in Europe - will this be enough to get their votes?
The DJ involved in a prank that led to the suicide of a nurse said that she thought her inability to have children was 'karma'.