Non-surgical cosmetic procedures involve products or techniques that make the skin look smoother, or make marks on the skin look less obvious.
There are various procedures available, including:
- Muscle paralysis, such as injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) to relax facial muscles and make lines and wrinkles less obvious
- Dermal fillers, injected into wrinkles or creases to fill them out
- Chemical peels, which use chemicals to remove the outer layer of skin cells
- Microdermabrasion, which uses fine crystals and a vacuum to remove dead skin cells
- Non-surgical laser and intense light treatments, such as hair removal
More top news
Labour have held onto the crucial seat of Stoke-on-Trent, brushing aside UKIP leader Paul Nuttall in the process.
A highly toxic chemical was used in the death of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un's half brother last week, tests have shown.
A new survey has highlighted the disconnect between people's views on the GB Olympic team and funding for grassroots sport.