- There are 3m people diagnosed with diabetes in the UK and an estimated 850,000 people who have the condition but don’t know it.
- Some 24,000 people with diabetes die early every year in England and Wales, according to Diabetes UK.
- 19.9% of people with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes in England meet health targets for blood glucose, blood pressure and cholesterol levels, with the number even lower in Wales at 18.5%.
- Out of those in England with Type 1 diabetes only 11.4% are meeting the recommended levels.
- The NHS spends about £10 billion a year on diabetes, some 10% of its entire budget, with 80% of that going on treating complications that could have been prevented in many cases.
Source: Diabetes UK
More top news
Mack entered her plea in federal court in Brooklyn. The judge refused a request by her lawyers to release her without bail.
Officers investigating a reported break-in on Friday found 22-year-old Roger Alvarado asleep in the pop star's home in Tribeca.
Billy Jeeves is said to have fled the scene in Hither Green, south-east London, after Henry Vincent was fatally stabbed by the pensioner.