New findings suggest people are now divided into seven different classes based on economic, social and cultural measures.
Here are each of the seven different classes:
- Elite - This is the most privileged class in the UK who have the highest levels of income, savings and house values.
- Established middle class - The second wealthiest and largest group of people in the UK fall into this category, accounting for people who score high on all three capitals.
- Technical middle class - A small, prosperous new class group which scores low for social and cultural capital.
- New affluent workers - A young group which is socially and culturally active, with middling levels of economic capital.
- Traditional working class - People who score low on capital but are not "completely deprived".
- Emergent service workers - A new, young, urban group which is relatively poor but has high social and cultural capital.
- Precariat - The poorest, most deprived class in UK.
More top news
Ivan Duque and Gustavo Petro represent opposite ends of Colombia’s political spectrum.
Festival deaths and Northern Ireland abortion reform lead the papers.
Georgia Jones, 18, and Tommy Cowan, 20, were named locally as the pair who died after being taken ill at the Portsmouth event.