New findings suggest people are now divided into seven different classes based on economic, social and cultural measures.
Here are each of the seven different classes:
- Elite - This is the most privileged class in the UK who have the highest levels of income, savings and house values.
- Established middle class - The second wealthiest and largest group of people in the UK fall into this category, accounting for people who score high on all three capitals.
- Technical middle class - A small, prosperous new class group which scores low for social and cultural capital.
- New affluent workers - A young group which is socially and culturally active, with middling levels of economic capital.
- Traditional working class - People who score low on capital but are not "completely deprived".
- Emergent service workers - A new, young, urban group which is relatively poor but has high social and cultural capital.
- Precariat - The poorest, most deprived class in UK.
More top news
The Old Bailey heard how Syed tried to get weapons online, including a bomb vest, and trawled the web to find a busy area launch an attack.
Caitlyn Jenner insists she said "so many nice things about Kris" in her new memoir which chronicles the history of their relationship.
Detectives are investigating whether a 30-year-old man in Taunton died after taking 'spice', Avon and Somerset Police said.