The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice) have outlined a set of basic standards for dementia patients.
As part of the guide, dementia patients should expect to;
- Discuss concerns with someone with knowledge and expertise.
- Be involved in making choices and decisions about their care and support.
- Take part in a review of their needs and preferences when their circumstances change.
- Choose to take part in leisure activities which match their interests.
- Continue to meet their friends and family and make new relationships.
- Have routine check-ups of their physical and mental health and see healthcare professionals when they have concerns.
- Live in housing that is adapted to help them maintain their independence.
- Be involved in and influence the design, planning, evaluation and delivery of services.
- Have help from independent advocacy servicesto present their views.
- Continue to be involved in and contribute to their community.
More top news
War veteran Paul Royle died at a Perth hospital on Sunday following surgery on a hip fracture.
So-called Corbynmania has officially reached ridiculous new heights - someone has bought a paper coffee cup used by Jeremy Corbyn for £51.
The day will get off to a bright but chilly start, with a few mist patches in rural areas. Showers will spread inland throughout the day.