The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice) have outlined a set of basic standards for dementia patients.
As part of the guide, dementia patients should expect to;
- Discuss concerns with someone with knowledge and expertise.
- Be involved in making choices and decisions about their care and support.
- Take part in a review of their needs and preferences when their circumstances change.
- Choose to take part in leisure activities which match their interests.
- Continue to meet their friends and family and make new relationships.
- Have routine check-ups of their physical and mental health and see healthcare professionals when they have concerns.
- Live in housing that is adapted to help them maintain their independence.
- Be involved in and influence the design, planning, evaluation and delivery of services.
- Have help from independent advocacy servicesto present their views.
- Continue to be involved in and contribute to their community.
More top news
ITV News took to a gun range in Maryland to find out if those that voted to “Make America Great Again” still think they voted correctly.
Initial indications were that the test on Friday was unsuccessful, according the a US government source who spoke to Reuters.
Southerly winds will bring warmer temperatures this weekend. Rain arriving on Sunday.