- Trident is a sea-based ballistic missile system that comprises the UK’s nuclear deterrent.
- It can be fired at targets up to 7000 miles away.
- At its fastest, each missile can travel at over 13,000 miles per hour.
- Four Vanguard nuclear submarines can carry 16 missiles each.
- Their power is estimated as the equivalent of eight Hiroshima nuclear bombs.
- From 2028, the Vanguards will be replaced by Successor submarines.
- The submarine replacement is estimated to cost between £15bn and £25bn.
Source: Royal Navy and Ministry of Defence
More top news
A top temperature of 9 or 10 Celsius (48-50 F).
The poll comes ahead of a debate in the House of Commons on Friday on a new Bill which would introduce such a system in England.
Jobs with decent pay and flexibility are "few and far between" for single parents who are the main earner and carer, said the report.