Lee Halpin was found dead in a derelict building in Newcastle after he decided to sleep rough as part of a documentary about homelessness. Here's what is known about him:
- 26 years old
- Attended Heaton Manor School
- Studied a creative writing MA at Newcastle University
- Was applying for an investigative journalism course with Channel 4
- Worked at Northumbria Students' Union and founded an arts magazine
- Friends said his passions were creative writing and poetry
More top news
A drug addict whose sickening attack on a disabled pensioner caused outrage around the world will be sentenced for trying to mug him today.
Study suggest that the number of takeaway outlets has significantly increased over the last 20 years, particularly in the poorest areas.
A teachers' union has suggested the number of teachers facing abuse on social media has more than doubled in just 12 months.