The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
A newborn baby girl has been killed by dogs after they attacked her while she was lying on a sofa.
It is plausible to say we haven't had our last vote or say on the nature of Britain's relationship with the EU.
After Roy Hodgson's resignation following England's humiliating exit from Euro 2016, who are the leading contenders to replace him?