The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
A man caught swearing at a speed camera has been jailed for perverting the course of justice after trying to dodge 69 speeding charges
Tom Hiddleston can count the royals among his legions of fans - as the Duchess of Cornwall revealed they were "gripped" by The Night Manager
MPs say the results show that Jeremy Corbyn's brand of socialism isn't working - but he has done well enough to stave off a coup.