The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
Sadiq Khan has weighed in on the debate over the burkini being banned on some French beaches saying women should not be told what to wear.
The USA women's football team goalkeeper Hope Solo has received a six-month suspension for comments made.
The mobile messaging service Whatsapp is going to start sharing users' phone numbers with Facebook, to ensure "better friend suggestions".