The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
Jared O'Mara's made a series of offensive comments, including joking about having an orgy with members of Girls Aloud.
Small independent stores are in a war with national chains for a chunk of Britain's burgeoning coffee shop market.
The hit-and run incident left the pedestrian, a 65-year-old father of three, in a critical condition with serious head injuries.