The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
Chelsea have won the Premier League after beating Crystal Palace 1-0 at Stamford Bridge thanks to an Eden Hazard goal
Craig Charles is quitting Coronation Street after to head back into outer space with Red Dwarf, ITV has confirmed.
The Conservatives have not ruled out increasing tuition fees above the current maximum of £9,000 a year, William Hague has said.