The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
The Tory peer and former Marks & Spencer chief has been named as chairman of the 'In Campaign'.
Delicately worded memo by then press chief from 1985 is among cache of newly released documents from former PM's private files.
Cloud and showery rain may linger across the far northwest throughout Saturday.