The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
Peter Cruddas claims the Lords are seeking to block Brexit with a raft of amendments.
To say the royal tour on which Prince William will embark today is diplomatically sensitive is quite the understatement.
More than 150 people were injured in the blast, several of them critically.