The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
Pariah state releases computer-generated video imagining a missile strike on Congress and warning it will respond to US aggression.
Charlotte Caldwell flew to the US for the controversial treatment to help her son, who was suffering as many as 100 seizures in a day.
Activists, including a young woman wearing a head scarf, spoke out in turn in front of the cameras assembled to hear leader Paul Nuttall.