The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
The investigation into the cause of the Virgin Galactic spaceship crash in October last year is due to give its verdict today.
With life in the city offering little security, for some Greeks life in the country has suddenly become a good place to be.
Two young women took on a challenge of the "mind and heart" to become first-ever Afghan women's team to conquer a 250km endurance race.