The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
A factory worker's faithful friends saved his life by lying with him to keep him warm when he fell into a diabetic coma in the freezing cold
A British military healthcare worker is being monitored at the Royal Free Hospital following a needle-stick injury in Sierra Leone.
A group of friends in Haverhill have left one of their mates with a fractured spine after a prank with a home-made ejector seat went wrong