The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
Breezy and bright with some showers.
Twelve people have been confirmed dead and 80 are in hospital as the incident in Las Ramblas unfolds.
13 dead and more than 50 injured after van ploughs into crowds in Barcelona.