The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
A 17-year-old boy has been charged with the murder of two men in Ipswich.
The X Factor judge praised the One Direction star for his bravery - after performing on the show just days after his mother's death.
At least 13 people have been killed by a car bomb after two explosions went off close to a football stadium in Istanbul.