The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
An Egyptian billionaire has offered to buy an island from Greece or Italy and develop it to host migrants fleeing war-torn areas.
The number of children having private tutoring has increased by more than a third in the last decade, according to a charity.
Girls should swap dolls for toys such as Lego and Meccano to get them more interested in science and engineering, top scientist claims.