The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
Rain will spread eastwards across southern areas tonight. Clear and frosty in the north.
Political leaders will go head-to-head at ITV's studios in MediaCityUK in Salford, ITV has confirmed, as the set for the event is unveiled.
More than 100 people claiming to represent working people across Britain have signed a letter backing Labour in the general election.