The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
The pensioner made arrangements with undercover agents to have sex with a nine-year-old boy in California.
Up to 30 people have been found dead in an Italian hotel that was hit by an avalanche following a trio of earthquakes on Wednesday.
Two British athletes have rowed the Atlantic setting a new record for completing what is dubbed the world's toughest row.