The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
The Tunisia attack coroner has denied neglect by TUI and the hotel owners played a role in the deaths, so why are some relatives suing?
The 87-year-old, who broke the four-minute mile, has described the problem of doping in sport as a source of "extreme sadness" for him.
Survey finds many are unaware that penalties will double from tomorrow - but most don't think it will stop dangerous driving.