The Labour leader Ed Miliband will today outline five priorities for his party's local election campaign.
- Cancelling the millionaires’ tax cut, and protecting the tax credits.
- Introducing a mansion tax on houses worth over £2million fund a return of 10p income tax rate.
- Reforming the energy market to "break the stranglehold" of the big six energy companies.
- Cracking down on train fare increases.
- Giving council's the power to control the payday loan companies opening up on their high streets.
More top news
The sex offender was reportedly transferred over 200 miles from HMP Wakefield in West Yorkshire to HMP Belmarsh, south-east London.
A tsunami warning for Alaska and British Columbia has been issued following a huge 7.9-magnitude earthquake.
"Is Boris preparing to flounce out of the cabinet?" Not my question, but that of one of his senior ministerial colleagues.