These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
Edmonds claims he reached his low following the "destruction" of his former business Unique Group at the hands of corrupt ex-HBOS bankers.
Emma Kelty was last heard from on September 13, days after posting about her fears of being robbed or murdered in a jungle area in Brazil.
A 6.1 magnitude earthquake has struck off the coast of Japan.