These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
Cloud and outbreaks of rain will ease away eastwards during the morning, clearing the east coast around midday with sunny spells developing.
Police and emergency services are attending the scene.
Rebel-held east remains at risk while the pumping station supplying the western part of the city is once again in operation.