These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
Rolls-Royce is a company whose fortunes should interest you. So don't be sucked in by the reporting of its first dividend cut in 25 years.
New plan for buyers to be notified when dangerous goods need to be recalled after reports of hundreds of fires caused by tumble dryers.
A junior doctor launches a scathing attack on Health Secretary saying: "Sc*** you Jeremy Hunt, you've picked a fight with the wrong crowd".