These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
David and Samantha Cameron have been filmed speaking about their trips to hospital with son Ivan, in a rare move for the couple.
Rebecca Wooller and Blake Green decided there was no better place to say 'I do' than at the location of their first date.
A couple in North Tyneside have seen off an intruder believed to be armed with a machete.