These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
Hull City midfielder Ryan Mason is making "excellent progress" after suffering a fractured skull at Chelsea.
HSBC is to close 62 branches across the UK in 2017, the bank said.
The Scottish First Minister issued strong words after it was ruled the devolved powers will not get their own vote on triggering Brexit.