These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
Tougher regulations coming into effect today are intended to crack down on motorists driving under the influence of drugs.
A Finnish punk band whose members have autism and Down's Syndrome have been chosen as the country's entry for the Eurovision Song Contest.
The PM promises to double to 200,000 the number of homes built under an existing scheme aimed at easing Britain's housing shortage.