These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
Cloud and rain will continue to spread across Northern Ireland and Scotland through the day. The rain will be accompanied by a strong wind.
Two Birmingham men have been found guilty of funding Brussels airport bombing suspect Mohamed Abrini - known as "the man in the hat".
The actor was best known for his role as Maester Aemon in the TV hit and sitcom Porridge.