These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
Sadiq Khan has said that his prospects of being elected London mayor could be damaged by the party's poor handling of racism accusations.
US President talks about meeting Royal toddler in his last address at the annual White House correspondents' dinner.
Clocks will go forward 30 minutes so there is half an hour more daylight in the evening when energy consumption peaks.