These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
Days of government bombardment in rebel-held eastern Ghouta have now left more than 500 people dead, observers say.
A cold and sunny day tomorrow
Actress Emma Chambers - star of Notting Hill and The Vicar of Dibley - has died, her agency has confirmed.