These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
Tougher sentences will be handed out to perpetrators of domestic violence against children under plans being set out by the Conservatives.
Two people have been arrested after a car crashed into pedestrians in Marbella.
A missile launched by North Korea has landed in the Sea of Japan, according to the Japanese Government.