These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
Bradley Lowery has a rare form of cancer and although he's having treatment it will only give him more time.
Delivery firms hold out against calls to improve conditions for self-employed workers as Hermes says any such move could cause job losses.
Wet and very windy weather spread in from the west overnight with snow expected across much of southern Scotland.