These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
Annual rail passenger figures reveal the most overcrowded service in the spring of 2015, was the 07:00 Brighton to Bedford.
Just exactly what is Hinkley Point C - and why do we need it?
A decision is due in a legal action aimed at overturning the decision to guarantee Jeremy Corbyn a place on the leadership ballot.