These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
Another cold night across Britain with temperatures closely dipping below freezing in rural areas in the north.
Investigative journalist Sue Lloyd-Roberts, who worked at both ITN and BBC News, has died after a battle with leukaemia.
A man found his wife of four months dead near her overturned car after he went looking for her when she didn't return home.