These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
Andreea Cristea's partner Andrei Burnaz was due to propose to her on the day she was pushed by a car into the river Thames.
ITV News reveals new details of how claims of misbehaviour at British Cycling were all but ignored despite being uncovered over years ago.
Travis Frain is recovering in hospital and has posted a photo to Twitter of Prince Charles by his bedside.