These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
A former soldier who allegedly tried to travel to Syria three times to join ISIS has been found guilty of firearm offences.
A seven-year-old boy who applied to become the manager of a Scottish Premiership club has sadly been told he has missed out on the top job.
A man who owns and works in an antique store was shocked to find out he wasn't the only person in the building late at night.