These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
Two brothers who rescued a bald eagle from a trap managed to take this selfie with the bird before it flew away.
A woman is being hunted by police after posting a picture of her dog's mouth duct-taped shut because it wouldn't "shut up".
Britain is to be lashed by gales of up to 70mph today as Storm Clodagh makes its arrival from the Atlantic.