These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
CCTV footage has captured the moment an "optimistic" thief failed to steal a large piece of art by hiding it underneath his hoodie.
A man who found a fake moustache hidden in a water vale has discovered his ex-housemate had been planning an long-term dad-joke.
Islamic State militants have released a video which shows British hostage John Cantlie talking to camera, appearing to read from a script.