These are the facts that are known about the traces of 'bute' found in an Asda product:
- Traces found in 340g tins of Asda Smart Price Corned Beef
- Amount of bute found is very small - around four parts per billion
- Customers urged not to eat the product and to return it for a full refund in store
- Even if people have eaten the product, the health risk is "very low"
- The product was withdrawn from shelves on March 8th after testing positive for horse DNA over 1%. It was then tested for 'bute' in line with FSA guidelines.
- Asda has withdrawn all corned beef products from its Smart Price range.
More top news
One hundred years after the First World War began, British taxpayers are still servicing the loans taken out to finance the conflict.
FIFA have deleted a video they published showing Crimea as part of Russia in a promotional video for the 2018 World Cup
A cat who survived a brutal beating because he looks like Hitler has battled back from the brink of death to make a full recovery.