Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
A man has 'potentially life-changing injuries' after acid was thrown over him after a screening of the movie Straight Outta Compton.
A leading sexual health clinic has apologised after mistakenly sharing the HIV positive status of hundreds of patients in an email.
Skeletons unearthed in a mass grave in Durham are the remains of Scottish prisoners of war, experts have found.