Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
IKEA is recalling almost 36 million chests and dressers in the US and Canada after the deaths of three children.
Toyota is recalling 1.43 million cars for an airbag inflator defect.
Prime Minister insists the UK will maintain a strong relationship with Europe especially on trade and security, even after it leaves the EU.