Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
Satoshi Uematsu, 26, was sent to the Yokohama District Public Prosecutors Office in Kanagawa prefecture.
West Yorkshire Police confirmed a 32-year-old woman was taken into custody in connection with the alleged threats.
Five women shared their views about whether Hillary Clinton's Democratic presidential nomination is a defining moment in US history.