Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
Blessings are church services acknowledging the commitment made in a marriage or civil partnership, in which God's blessing is sought.
Dozens of organisations have filed statements slamming the Zimbabwean president's appointment due to his alleged human rights violations.
Storm Brian will bring strong or very strong winds across southern and western parts of the UK with gales or severe gales in exposed areas.