Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
Net long-term migration to the UK is at its lowest level for three years, latest figures show.
The remains were discovered by Malaysian forces helping the search of the USS John S McCain's flooded compartments.
Testing has shown large variations in the time taken to sound in British Standard-approved fire alarms, with one failing to go off at all.