Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
A German 65-year-old teacher from Berlin has given birth to quadruplets after a pregnancy that was widely criticised because of her age.
Although there are bright skies for many as we start the bank holiday, more central, eastern and south eastern regions will be cloudy.
Fans around the globe have been celebrating Pac-Man's 35th anniversary by paying homage to the smiley faced character.