Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
It will be largely dry with some good sunny spells breaking through across many parts today
Hayley Cowan was sentenced to four months and banned from keeping animals for life after killing Staffordshire Bull Terrier Beau.
The High Court has ruled the prison segregation of two terrorists was unlawful although it rejected claims their human rights were abused.