Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
The 13-year-old son of Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin has appeared on The Tonight Show, introducing Jimmy Fallon to a host of wildlife.
Neil and Helen Robinson have been deaf since birth but after having cochlear implants fitted they can now hear.
Ian Brady has been refused permission to launch a High Court fight for the right to have his choice of lawyer at a tribunal