Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
John Cleese has paid tribute to his "wonderful" Fawlty Towers co-star, Andrew Sachs, following his death at the age of 86.
Top footballers star in an Football Association campaign aimed at helping to ensure every child feels safe playing football.
Police are investigating an allegedly threatening tweet, in which a user urged people should "Jo Cox" MP Anna Soubry.