Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
Junior Dian, 23, was on trial for Tonbridge Angels when he fell collapsed in the second half of a pre-season friendly.
Corrie's iconic Deirdre Barlow will be killed off tonight following the death of the actress Anne Kirkbride.
Trains on some of the UK's busiest rail routes will be "significantly" hit by a rail workers' strike from tonight.