Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
More than 80 people are refusing to leave their homes on the Chalcots Estate despite an evacuation of the estate's tower blocks.
Northern areas will continue to see a few showers in places but generally Sunday will be a brighter day with some decent sunshine.
Stormzy has used his set at Glastonbury to call attention to the recent Grenfell disaster and demand answers over what happened.