Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
The Met Office has weather warnings in place for snow and ice until 10am in the north and west.
The plan, which would effectively strip banks of the benefit of recent corporation tax cuts, forms part of the party's election manifesto.
Pop star went into the icy waters of Chicago's Lake Michigan at a fundraiser for the Special Olympics and later said "her weave froze".