Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge went salmon fishing in Canadian waters on the latest leg of their royal visit to the country.
What happens when a former president holds up a current president hoping to fly home for dinner with his family?
Following a bruising televised debate with Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump's week seems to have only got worse.