Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
Donald Trump has wasted no time making his mark on international matters as well as domestic. So how will his presidency affect the world?
Another cold, frosty and foggy night for many. Northern and western areas will see thickening cloud, patchy rain and milder temperatures.
Temperatures have already plunged to -12C in some parts of the UK this winter - but Thursday could be the coldest day yet.