Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
This was despite more than a fifth experiencing delays of more than three hours, a Which? survey revealed.
Michael Haines said he wanted to continue his brother's legacy so he would be remembered for his good work rather than his death.
Tomorrow should be a bit quieter in most places, with lighter winds and some lovely winter sunshine.