Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
Coronation Street actor Ryan Thomas is to quit the show after more than 15 years.
Fresh violence has erupted in the West Bank following the death of a 13-year-old boy, sparking fears of a new Palestinian uprising.
A family dog was 'best man' as he stood by a wounded veteran's side when he married his school sweetheart.