Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
With the Easter holiday is set to begin, millions of Britons planning a getaway may find their travel plans hit by delays and disruption.
Robert Clark has lived at his home for 50 years. 130,000 people have signed a petition to try to keep him there.
As M&S announce the first rise in non-food sales for four years, ITV News' Joel Hills asks are we falling back in love with the retailer?