Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
An Olympic silver-medallist at London 2012 has won gold after the 'winner' was stripped of his award.
Five migrants have died and more than 500 rescued after an overcrowded fishing boat capsized off the coast of Libya, the Italian navy said.
A Muslim Bataclan survivor has critised The Eagles of Death Metal frontman for saying the attacks were part of a Muslim conspiracy.