Foreign Secretary William Hague outlined the progress made on a host of topics under discussion at the G8 summit as follows:
- G8 ministers remain "deeply concerned" about Syria and will prioritise improving humanitarian access, ensuring donors pay up and promoting stability in countries that are hosting refugees.
- Committed to "further significant measures" against North Korea if there is another missile launch or nuclear test.
- Warned that the "window of diplomacy" with Iran over its nuclear programme would not remain open for much longer.
- Welcomed recent progress on the Middle East peace process.
- Welcomed political and economic progress in Burma but expressed concern about ethnic and religious conflict.
More top news
Bournemouth all but sealed promotion to the top-flight for the first time in their history with a 3-0 win against Bolton.
Son of barrister hired by Lord Janner told ITV News his father once believed peer would have to face charges over child abuse allegations.
Low pressure brings cooler, showery conditions over the next week