New figures from the British Heart Foundation have revealed the inequalities in deaths from heart disease across the country.
Worst heart health towns in the UK (2009 to 2011):
- Tameside, Greater Manchester has a death rate of 132
- Ballymoney, Northern Ireland has a death rate of 129
- Glasgow, Scotland has a death rate of 128
- Blackburn with Darwen, NW England has a death rate of 127
- West Dunbartonshire, Scotland has a death rate of 124
Best heart health town in the UK (2009 to 2011):
- Kensington and Chelsea, London has a death rate of 39
More top news
A new treatment for arthritis sufferers has been hailed as "magic" by a woman who had a pioneering electronic implant fitted.
Local councils are to get an almost £6 billion fund to fight potholes over the next six years.
The Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition praised the courage of Britain's armed forces in a Christmas message to troops.