New figures from the British Heart Foundation have revealed the inequalities in deaths from heart disease across the country.
Worst heart health towns in the UK (2009 to 2011):
- Tameside, Greater Manchester has a death rate of 132
- Ballymoney, Northern Ireland has a death rate of 129
- Glasgow, Scotland has a death rate of 128
- Blackburn with Darwen, NW England has a death rate of 127
- West Dunbartonshire, Scotland has a death rate of 124
Best heart health town in the UK (2009 to 2011):
- Kensington and Chelsea, London has a death rate of 39
More top news
A man miraculously survived being shot near his home with a sawn-off shotgun when his mobile phone took the brunt of the blast.
A video of basketball player's daughter has gone viral after the cute two-year-old turned on the charm to eclipse her superstar dad.
The 100th anniversary of Britain's worst rail disaster will be commemorated at a special service today.