The enhanced police presence planned for Sunday's London Marathon will remain in place despite the death and capture of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects, Scotland Yard have said.
Security has been stepped up to reassure the 36,000 runners and tens of thousands of spectators in the wake of the atrocities which killed three people and injured 180 in the US last Monday.
After a manhunt which left Boston in virtual lockdown, 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was arrested following a shootout with officers and his brother Tamerlan, 26, was killed yesterday.
But several hundred more officers will still be out on London's streets tomorow - a 40 percent increase on last year.
The Met is in close contact with the FBI and Boston Police and there is nothing to suggest any link with the bomb attacks.
More top news
A recent three million year-old discovery in Eithiopia has pushed the timeline of human history 400,000 years.
A split in conditions for the coming few days
Relatives of Becky Watts have said her death was the "most undignified end to a beautiful life full of promise".