The Boston bombings will not put off spectators or runners from taking part in tomorrow's London Marathon, the race's chief executive said.
Security has been stepped up for the 26.2 mile event in the capital with several hundred more officers set to line the streets for Sunday's marathon.
The race's chief executive Nick Bitel said: "After the terrible events in Boston we conducted a security review with the Metropolitan police and all the other agencies.
"As was announced yesterday, we have increased substantially the number of police officers who are going to be out there, going to be visibly reassuring people and putting in more search regimes and a number of other measures to ensure that it is as safe and fun as it always is."
He added: "I think the spectators won't be put off, we'll have a great day. There's some fantastic races, really competitive, and the numbers in terms of people running will be 35,500 - 36,000 as they would always be."
More top news
The 4G mobile provider had been failing to let users know that they were entitled to take complaints elsewhere for free.
A Bubble Wrap which doesn't pop has been created - and people are devastated.
Dustin Brown recorded a famous win over Rafael Nadal at Wimbledon - here's 10 things you may not have known about him