According to the survey by the Royal College of Nursing:
- A third of nurses questioned said they didn't know whether their organisation had a whistle blowing policy
- Of the 64% who had raised concerns, nearly one in ten said they had raised concerns as little as a week ago
- Nearly half of the concerns raised were about staffing levels
- 21% were about patient safety
- 45% of nurses who had raised concerns said their employer took no action
More top news
Northern Ireland's Health Minister Jim Wells has quit after sparking controversy over comments about gay marriage.
Prince Harry may not be able to meet his new niece or nephew until mid-May unless the royal baby puts in a speedy appearance.
A British climber trapped on Mount Everest after the earthquake in Nepal has said rescuers face "a race against time" to reach his group