According to the survey by the Royal College of Nursing:
- A third of nurses questioned said they didn't know whether their organisation had a whistle blowing policy
- Of the 64% who had raised concerns, nearly one in ten said they had raised concerns as little as a week ago
- Nearly half of the concerns raised were about staffing levels
- 21% were about patient safety
- 45% of nurses who had raised concerns said their employer took no action
More top news
UK airport passengers have to walk up to a kilometer from check-in desks to reach their departure gates, new research has shown.
In an annual survey taken among local authorities in the UK, 2,463 stray dogs were put to sleep between April 2015 and March 2016.
Inspectors found the availability of drugs at HMP Bedford was having a "serious impact" on safety.