According to the survey by the Royal College of Nursing:
- A third of nurses questioned said they didn't know whether their organisation had a whistle blowing policy
- Of the 64% who had raised concerns, nearly one in ten said they had raised concerns as little as a week ago
- Nearly half of the concerns raised were about staffing levels
- 21% were about patient safety
- 45% of nurses who had raised concerns said their employer took no action
More top news
The majority of parents forbid their child to walk to school because they worry for their safety, an exclusive poll has found.
Singer James Blunt has called his best-selling hit You're Beautiful "annoying".
Owners could be fined £20,000, forced to take their dog to obedience classes or have them neutered if the public complain.