According to the survey by the Royal College of Nursing:
- A third of nurses questioned said they didn't know whether their organisation had a whistle blowing policy
- Of the 64% who had raised concerns, nearly one in ten said they had raised concerns as little as a week ago
- Nearly half of the concerns raised were about staffing levels
- 21% were about patient safety
- 45% of nurses who had raised concerns said their employer took no action
More top news
The practice of sending mental health patients far away from friends and family for care has become endemic in the NHS, it has been warned.
Despite the use of combustible cladding in tower blocks, ministers were advised that regulations were tough enough, ITV News has learnt.
A milder night across the north than last night, with rain sneaking into southern Scotland from Northern Ireland.