According to the survey by the Royal College of Nursing:
- A third of nurses questioned said they didn't know whether their organisation had a whistle blowing policy
- Of the 64% who had raised concerns, nearly one in ten said they had raised concerns as little as a week ago
- Nearly half of the concerns raised were about staffing levels
- 21% were about patient safety
- 45% of nurses who had raised concerns said their employer took no action
More top news
ITV News' Tom Brady speaks to billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates about clean energy sources and a new $7bn green tech research fund.
A man accused of killing three people and wounding nine others in a shooting at an abortion clinic in Colorado has appeared in court.
Dean Lucas and Adam Coleman were in Mexico on a surf trip but it is feared they may have been victims of local violence.