A committee set up by the Department of Health in the wake of the PIP breast implant scandal has recommended the following changes:
- Those who provide cosmetic procedures should undergo formal qualifications.
- People who inject fillers should also be signed up to a register.
- GPs should be informed of treatments so if something goes wrong they know what to treat.
- There should be a ban of financial offers for cosmetic surgery.
- Procedures must be approved by a surgeon and not a salesperson.
- A fund to help patients should a cosmetic surgery company go bust.
- There should be compulsory insurance in case a procedure goes wrong.
More top news
The US president is seeking an investigation by the Justice Department.
The casualty was taken into the care of paramedics with a suspected leg injury.
The 16-year-old was discovered with stab wounds on Thursday afternoon.