Government proposals discussed today by the Transport Committee aim to improve young driver safety on the roads, reducing the number of collisions.
- Education first: The Government will continue to explore further ways to make sure that young people learn the appropriate skills and attitudes towards driving
- Developing a new post test vocational qualification: To create a new successor to the Pass Plus scheme will be introduced
- Safety messages: These will be included in the theory test
- Improving the content and delivery of motorcycle training so that it meets the needs of modern day riding
- Modernisation of the driver training industry: To offer the range and standards of service that learner drivers need, to help them make an informed choice as to which instructor best meets their needs
More top news
From children's scooters to chainsaws, National Trading Standards has listed some of the potentially dangerous items it seizes daily.
A study by the University of Oxford forecasts an increase of more than half a million foreign-born people in England between 2011 and 2014.
More deprived areas of England have received the biggest cuts over the last five years, according to an influential think-tank.