Government proposals discussed today by the Transport Committee aim to improve young driver safety on the roads, reducing the number of collisions.
- Education first: The Government will continue to explore further ways to make sure that young people learn the appropriate skills and attitudes towards driving
- Developing a new post test vocational qualification: To create a new successor to the Pass Plus scheme will be introduced
- Safety messages: These will be included in the theory test
- Improving the content and delivery of motorcycle training so that it meets the needs of modern day riding
- Modernisation of the driver training industry: To offer the range and standards of service that learner drivers need, to help them make an informed choice as to which instructor best meets their needs
More top news
In a rallying call at the Democratic National Convention, the former US president said Hillary is 'the best darn change-maker I ever met'.
Satoshi Uematsu, 26, was sent to the Yokohama District Public Prosecutors Office in Kanagawa prefecture.
West Yorkshire Police confirmed a 32-year-old woman was taken into custody in connection with the alleged threats.