Government proposals discussed today by the Transport Committee aim to improve young driver safety on the roads, reducing the number of collisions.
- Education first: The Government will continue to explore further ways to make sure that young people learn the appropriate skills and attitudes towards driving
- Developing a new post test vocational qualification: To create a new successor to the Pass Plus scheme will be introduced
- Safety messages: These will be included in the theory test
- Improving the content and delivery of motorcycle training so that it meets the needs of modern day riding
- Modernisation of the driver training industry: To offer the range and standards of service that learner drivers need, to help them make an informed choice as to which instructor best meets their needs
More top news
A very unsettled start to the new week with heavy, thundery, occasionally wintry showers spreading in from the west throughout the day.
It had been reported that four domain names which appeared to support Clive Lewis for Labour leader were registered in June last year.
The EU flag symbolises unity between European countries.