Government proposals discussed today by the Transport Committee aim to improve young driver safety on the roads, reducing the number of collisions.
- Education first: The Government will continue to explore further ways to make sure that young people learn the appropriate skills and attitudes towards driving
- Developing a new post test vocational qualification: To create a new successor to the Pass Plus scheme will be introduced
- Safety messages: These will be included in the theory test
- Improving the content and delivery of motorcycle training so that it meets the needs of modern day riding
- Modernisation of the driver training industry: To offer the range and standards of service that learner drivers need, to help them make an informed choice as to which instructor best meets their needs
More top news
Ivan Duque and Gustavo Petro represent opposite ends of Colombia’s political spectrum.
Festival deaths and Northern Ireland abortion reform lead the papers.
Georgia Jones, 18, and Tommy Cowan, 20, were named locally as the pair who died after being taken ill at the Portsmouth event.