Government proposals discussed today by the Transport Committee aim to improve young driver safety on the roads, reducing the number of collisions.
- Education first: The Government will continue to explore further ways to make sure that young people learn the appropriate skills and attitudes towards driving
- Developing a new post test vocational qualification: To create a new successor to the Pass Plus scheme will be introduced
- Safety messages: These will be included in the theory test
- Improving the content and delivery of motorcycle training so that it meets the needs of modern day riding
- Modernisation of the driver training industry: To offer the range and standards of service that learner drivers need, to help them make an informed choice as to which instructor best meets their needs
More top news
Tottenham Hotspur footballer Kyle Walker said he is "disgusted" after being wrongly linked to an explicit video being shared online.
Tributes have been paid to a young BBC Radio presenter who lost his battle with skin cancer aged just 33.
David Cameron is to put working people "front and centre" of his economic plan our economic plan" if the Conservatives win the election.