Government proposals discussed today by the Transport Committee aim to improve young driver safety on the roads, reducing the number of collisions.
- Education first: The Government will continue to explore further ways to make sure that young people learn the appropriate skills and attitudes towards driving
- Developing a new post test vocational qualification: To create a new successor to the Pass Plus scheme will be introduced
- Safety messages: These will be included in the theory test
- Improving the content and delivery of motorcycle training so that it meets the needs of modern day riding
- Modernisation of the driver training industry: To offer the range and standards of service that learner drivers need, to help them make an informed choice as to which instructor best meets their needs
More top news
Barack Obama urged Donald Trump to "go forward with his vision and his values", as he warned of "complexities" in office.
Missing RAF gunner Corrie McKeague's mother has said he had an account on a swingers' website.
"I will work with him where we can, but I just didn't want to go celebrate or legitimise or normalise his presidency," one US lawmaker said.