Government proposals discussed today by the Transport Committee aim to improve young driver safety on the roads, reducing the number of collisions.
- Education first: The Government will continue to explore further ways to make sure that young people learn the appropriate skills and attitudes towards driving
- Developing a new post test vocational qualification: To create a new successor to the Pass Plus scheme will be introduced
- Safety messages: These will be included in the theory test
- Improving the content and delivery of motorcycle training so that it meets the needs of modern day riding
- Modernisation of the driver training industry: To offer the range and standards of service that learner drivers need, to help them make an informed choice as to which instructor best meets their needs
More top news
The Old Bailey heard how Syed tried to get weapons online, including a bomb vest, and trawled the web to find a busy area launch an attack.
Caitlyn Jenner insists she said "so many nice things about Kris" in her new memoir which chronicles the history of their relationship.
Detectives are investigating whether a 30-year-old man in Taunton died after taking 'spice', Avon and Somerset Police said.