Government proposals discussed today by the Transport Committee aim to improve young driver safety on the roads, reducing the number of collisions.
- Education first: The Government will continue to explore further ways to make sure that young people learn the appropriate skills and attitudes towards driving
- Developing a new post test vocational qualification: To create a new successor to the Pass Plus scheme will be introduced
- Safety messages: These will be included in the theory test
- Improving the content and delivery of motorcycle training so that it meets the needs of modern day riding
- Modernisation of the driver training industry: To offer the range and standards of service that learner drivers need, to help them make an informed choice as to which instructor best meets their needs
More top news
Actress and campaigner tells ITV News the only way to end the trade in illegal ivory is for the West to stand up to Beijing.
Former chief inspector of South Yorkshire Police David Sumner says Liverpool supporters were not 'completely innocent'.
The Queen has come to the aid of her grandson in what has become an escalating online 'face-off' between the Prince and the First Couple.