Government proposals discussed today by the Transport Committee aim to improve young driver safety on the roads, reducing the number of collisions.
- Education first: The Government will continue to explore further ways to make sure that young people learn the appropriate skills and attitudes towards driving
- Developing a new post test vocational qualification: To create a new successor to the Pass Plus scheme will be introduced
- Safety messages: These will be included in the theory test
- Improving the content and delivery of motorcycle training so that it meets the needs of modern day riding
- Modernisation of the driver training industry: To offer the range and standards of service that learner drivers need, to help them make an informed choice as to which instructor best meets their needs
More top news
Searches are continuing for victims, with around 600 people still missing and 3,000 left homeless after the disaster.
The man who drove the van that ploughed into pedestrians killing 13 people was unharmed and is still on the run, police believe.
Donald Trump has said American culture is being "ripped apart" by efforts to remove Confederate memorials from parts of the country.