Government proposals discussed today by the Transport Committee aim to improve young driver safety on the roads, reducing the number of collisions.
- Education first: The Government will continue to explore further ways to make sure that young people learn the appropriate skills and attitudes towards driving
- Developing a new post test vocational qualification: To create a new successor to the Pass Plus scheme will be introduced
- Safety messages: These will be included in the theory test
- Improving the content and delivery of motorcycle training so that it meets the needs of modern day riding
- Modernisation of the driver training industry: To offer the range and standards of service that learner drivers need, to help them make an informed choice as to which instructor best meets their needs
More top news
The 1D star will go ahead with his scheduled performance as per the wishes of his late mother, Johannah Deakin, who passed away on Friday.
Michael Gove admitted he made "mistakes" in his bid for the Tory Party leadership, and Theresa May was right to drop him from her cabinet.
Four people have been killed and at least 12 injured after a cargo train carrying propane-butane derailed and exploded in Bulgaria.