Government proposals discussed today by the Transport Committee aim to improve young driver safety on the roads, reducing the number of collisions.
- Education first: The Government will continue to explore further ways to make sure that young people learn the appropriate skills and attitudes towards driving
- Developing a new post test vocational qualification: To create a new successor to the Pass Plus scheme will be introduced
- Safety messages: These will be included in the theory test
- Improving the content and delivery of motorcycle training so that it meets the needs of modern day riding
- Modernisation of the driver training industry: To offer the range and standards of service that learner drivers need, to help them make an informed choice as to which instructor best meets their needs
More top news
Cincinnati Zoo's director stood by the decision to shoot dead a 17-year-old gorilla after a toddler accidentally entered his sanctuary.
A total of 8,648 sailors died during the largest naval engagement during the First World War, which marks its centenary on Tuesday.
The figures by the Global Slavery Index are a third higher than previously thought.