Government proposals discussed today by the Transport Committee aim to improve young driver safety on the roads, reducing the number of collisions.
- Education first: The Government will continue to explore further ways to make sure that young people learn the appropriate skills and attitudes towards driving
- Developing a new post test vocational qualification: To create a new successor to the Pass Plus scheme will be introduced
- Safety messages: These will be included in the theory test
- Improving the content and delivery of motorcycle training so that it meets the needs of modern day riding
- Modernisation of the driver training industry: To offer the range and standards of service that learner drivers need, to help them make an informed choice as to which instructor best meets their needs
More top news
A 20-year-old man who died in a triple stabbing outside Parsons Green Tube station has been named by police.
Capable of crossing the Atlantic in under three hours, Concorde flew at over twice the speed of sound, reaching altitudes of 60,000ft.
The announcement is part of a £500 million cost-cutting drive which will take place over three years.