Government proposals discussed today by the Transport Committee aim to improve young driver safety on the roads, reducing the number of collisions.
- Education first: The Government will continue to explore further ways to make sure that young people learn the appropriate skills and attitudes towards driving
- Developing a new post test vocational qualification: To create a new successor to the Pass Plus scheme will be introduced
- Safety messages: These will be included in the theory test
- Improving the content and delivery of motorcycle training so that it meets the needs of modern day riding
- Modernisation of the driver training industry: To offer the range and standards of service that learner drivers need, to help them make an informed choice as to which instructor best meets their needs
More top news
Ted Robbins is "doing well" and is expected to be "fit and healthy soon" after collapsing on-stage during Phoenix Nights Live, his wife said
Doctors in India have carried out what is believed to be the world's first double hand transplant to be performed on a non-white patient.
Prince George is not only heir to Britain's throne, but a future long distance runner too, if his uncle has anything to do with it.