Government proposals discussed today by the Transport Committee aim to improve young driver safety on the roads, reducing the number of collisions.
- Education first: The Government will continue to explore further ways to make sure that young people learn the appropriate skills and attitudes towards driving
- Developing a new post test vocational qualification: To create a new successor to the Pass Plus scheme will be introduced
- Safety messages: These will be included in the theory test
- Improving the content and delivery of motorcycle training so that it meets the needs of modern day riding
- Modernisation of the driver training industry: To offer the range and standards of service that learner drivers need, to help them make an informed choice as to which instructor best meets their needs
More top news
Thousands of junior doctors and their supporters, wearing surgical masks, will hold a demonstration over pay and conditions.
The eight-month-old female pup, which was severely underweight and dehydrated, was asleep in a dining booth.
The improving state school standards mean more parents are choosing not to pay for private education according to the Good Schools Guide.