These are the main changes that will be implemented across all prisons in the UK:
- Movement up the levels will depend on "positive engagement" - not the absence of bad behaviour
- A new 'entry' level for all new prisoners
- All convicted prisoners will work a longer day
- Ban on watching TV while prisoners should be working
- Gym access beyond the statutory entitlement will be dependent on active engagement with rehabilitation
- Subscription channels removed from private prisons
- Certificate 18 DVDs banned from prisons
Source: Ministry of Justice
More top news
Syrian refugee children have been making clothes for British shoppers, it has been claimed.
A judgement is due on Monday on a Christian bakery’s appeal against a ruling that found them guilty of discrimination against a gay man.
The crash happened at about 7.20am local time as the plane was heading for Misrata in Libya.