These are the main changes that will be implemented across all prisons in the UK:
- Movement up the levels will depend on "positive engagement" - not the absence of bad behaviour
- A new 'entry' level for all new prisoners
- All convicted prisoners will work a longer day
- Ban on watching TV while prisoners should be working
- Gym access beyond the statutory entitlement will be dependent on active engagement with rehabilitation
- Subscription channels removed from private prisons
- Certificate 18 DVDs banned from prisons
Source: Ministry of Justice
More top news
Leader Paul Nuttall - who is yet to confirm if he will stand for election - denied policies aimed almost entirely at Muslims were divisive.
When Suray Mohamed left her village she was a wife and mother-of-seven - but just weeks later there is only her left.
The band split up 29 years ago and barely talked since.