These are the main changes that will be implemented across all prisons in the UK:
- Movement up the levels will depend on "positive engagement" - not the absence of bad behaviour
- A new 'entry' level for all new prisoners
- All convicted prisoners will work a longer day
- Ban on watching TV while prisoners should be working
- Gym access beyond the statutory entitlement will be dependent on active engagement with rehabilitation
- Subscription channels removed from private prisons
- Certificate 18 DVDs banned from prisons
Source: Ministry of Justice
More top news
Weather set to improve with plenty of sunshine by Saturday
Tony Davis was the first civilian to reach Pc Palmer after he was stabbed during the Westminster attack.
Defiant Londoners put on a show of solidarity for the victims of the Westminster terror attack at a vigil in their honour.