A group of Tory MPs will attempt to force a Commons vote over a referendum on the UK's European Union membership on Tuesday.
The Tory MPs backing the call for an EU referendum include:
- Hardline Eurosceptic MP Peter Bone has said he hoped to show the Tory leadership that there was "significant parliamentary demand" for the EU referendum pledge.
- Tory John Baron, who also tabled the amendment, organised a letter signed by dozens of Conservative MPs demanding referendum legislation.
Read more: Ex-chancellor calls for EU exit
- Former Cabinet minister Michael Portillo has followed ex-chancellor Lord Lawson in calling for the UK to leave the EU.
- Lord Lamont, another former Tory chancellor, joined the stampede of former Tory cabinet ministers saying it was possible for the UK to survive outside the EU.
- Nadine Dorries, the MP who was handed back the Conservative whip only on Wednesday, said she would be joining the rebellion.
Read more: Nadine Dorries wants EU exit
More top news
Some dogs have been at the Battersea Dogs and Cats Home for more than a year. Can you make their Christmas and give them a new home?
Selfless Donna Wood from Staffordshire has left her husband and children at home so she can help save lives in Sierra Leone.
From Sierra Leone to Cyprus, 8,500 Christmas boxes were sent out to every serviceman and woman from the UK.