A group of Tory MPs will attempt to force a Commons vote over a referendum on the UK's European Union membership on Tuesday.
The Tory MPs backing the call for an EU referendum include:
- Hardline Eurosceptic MP Peter Bone has said he hoped to show the Tory leadership that there was "significant parliamentary demand" for the EU referendum pledge.
- Tory John Baron, who also tabled the amendment, organised a letter signed by dozens of Conservative MPs demanding referendum legislation.
Read more: Ex-chancellor calls for EU exit
- Former Cabinet minister Michael Portillo has followed ex-chancellor Lord Lawson in calling for the UK to leave the EU.
- Lord Lamont, another former Tory chancellor, joined the stampede of former Tory cabinet ministers saying it was possible for the UK to survive outside the EU.
- Nadine Dorries, the MP who was handed back the Conservative whip only on Wednesday, said she would be joining the rebellion.
Read more: Nadine Dorries wants EU exit
More top news
Dozens of organisations have filed statements slamming the Zimbabwean president's appointment due to his alleged human rights violations.
Storm Brian will bring strong or very strong winds across southern and western parts of the UK with gales or severe gales in exposed areas.
Omid Saidy, 20, was knifed to death after asking a drug dealer and another man to leave the area, police say.