A group of Tory MPs will attempt to force a Commons vote over a referendum on the UK's European Union membership on Tuesday.
The Tory MPs backing the call for an EU referendum include:
- Hardline Eurosceptic MP Peter Bone has said he hoped to show the Tory leadership that there was "significant parliamentary demand" for the EU referendum pledge.
- Tory John Baron, who also tabled the amendment, organised a letter signed by dozens of Conservative MPs demanding referendum legislation.
Read more: Ex-chancellor calls for EU exit
- Former Cabinet minister Michael Portillo has followed ex-chancellor Lord Lawson in calling for the UK to leave the EU.
- Lord Lamont, another former Tory chancellor, joined the stampede of former Tory cabinet ministers saying it was possible for the UK to survive outside the EU.
- Nadine Dorries, the MP who was handed back the Conservative whip only on Wednesday, said she would be joining the rebellion.
Read more: Nadine Dorries wants EU exit
More top news
Even if you're having a tough day in the office, it's unlikely to be as difficult as the one facing the director of the US Secret Service.
The first behind-the-scenes photographs of George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Venice wedding have been published in a celebrity magazine.
The US Secret Service chief faces questions from politicians today over the latest in a series of worrying White House security breaches.