The chairman of Derbyshire County Cricket Club said that his team's game against Lancashire had to be called off as a result of the fire.
He gave this account to the Derby Telegraph:
I was watching the game when I spotted the fire and it became clear the building had exploded.
I ensured all of the players and the umpires got off the pitch straight away and got back inside.
All of a sudden people started to move their cars very quickly, in case it started to get worse ...
More top news
A man has had his foot amputated after falling into an escalator in Shanghai - just a week after a woman died in a similar incident.
Industry groups and political rivals warn the planned regulation will raise energy prices and threaten jobs.
The actress said she was 'devastated' to hear the tragic news of her idol's death and described her as a 'remarkable woman'.