The latest call statistics for calls to the NHS 111 service have been released by NHS England for the 22 sites providing the service and able to provide date at this time.
The main findings up to and including March were:
- In March, there were 360,526 calls to the 111 service, with 89% of these calls from people directly dialling 111.
- 84% of answered calls made to NHS111 were answered within 60 seconds. Of all calls offered 8% were abandoned after waiting longer than 30 seconds.
- Average length of a call was 11 minutes 26 seconds
- On average 21% of call time was handled by clinical staff for all calls up to and including March. Up to February it was 29%.
- 92% of callers were said to be very or fairly satisfied with their NHS 111 experience.
More top news
An independent investigation has begun into finances at taxpayer-funded Broadmoor Hospital.
While the economy has shown signs of improving, the number of UK companies issuing profit warnings has hit a six-year high, research shows.
The Child Support Agency has collected £1.2 billion in maintenance over the past year, with £330 million coming direct from pay packets.