The latest call statistics for calls to the NHS 111 service have been released by NHS England for the 22 sites providing the service and able to provide date at this time.
The main findings up to and including March were:
- In March, there were 360,526 calls to the 111 service, with 89% of these calls from people directly dialling 111.
- 84% of answered calls made to NHS111 were answered within 60 seconds. Of all calls offered 8% were abandoned after waiting longer than 30 seconds.
- Average length of a call was 11 minutes 26 seconds
- On average 21% of call time was handled by clinical staff for all calls up to and including March. Up to February it was 29%.
- 92% of callers were said to be very or fairly satisfied with their NHS 111 experience.
More top news
The well-respected foreign policy hawk enjoyed his greatest successes as national security adviser to President Jimmy Carter.
Police have arrested two men aged 20 and 22 on suspicion of terror offences, bringing the number of people are now in custody to 11.
Among those attending the Soundgarden and Audioslave singer's funeral were Brad Pitt, Pharrell and Christian Bale.